Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

does this firing pin hole look bad?

brian45acp

spent a little time on it. Rolled some 1500 sand paper and twisted it tight. Tied a piece of fishing line to it and drug it through the FP channel and worked all the edges of the FB hole back and forth. Looks much nicer now and should keep the edges clean from wanting to burr or chip.

post-55914-0-75168100-1432587383_thumb.j

Edited by brian45acp

Not bigger just round. There was flashing around the hole so the sand paper cleaned it. No way 1500 grit could remove enough metal like that. It does look bigger but with the FP through the hole it's just slightly larger then the tip. I did zoom in more on the after pic so it appears that way as well but compared to my other CZ's the diameter is the same in person vs that pic.

If the hole stays buggered up like that its much easier for metal to fail along the edges that aren't chamfered. The hole should be smooth and no edges or sharp points. I suspect the breech face was cut after that hole was drilled and left behind some flashing of metal.

My other Sp-01 looks almost as bad but not quite. I plan to smooth it out as well. These CZ's are great but I swear they need to change their tooling more often. Looks like the metal was cut out with a chisel.

Edited by brian45acp