Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CZ 75 SP01 Shadow Custom

wblacksh

Hi. I just bought a new CZ SP01 Shadow Custom from Speed Shooters Connection. Hopefully I will get it by this weekend. I am going to start using my regular 9mm minor loads of 124 xtreme bullet with 4gr of HS6 that I currently shoot in my M&P and Glock. I will have to chrono to make sure it makes PF, but I am not too worried that it won't because of some other users reports on this forum. I also have some Montana Gold 124gr JHP's that I use in my major loads. Would these be better, or are they probably not going to give me much advantage in accuracy at the minor PF velocity?

Other than what is listed on the website and what I have read on the fourms, is there anything I need to know about it? This is my first CZ, and my first non-plastic minor load gun (I have a STI open gun that is almost all metal).

I was searching for this gun for a month or so now, and several local dealers could not locate one. By chance I happened to click on the Speed Shooters Connection website under completed firearms yesterday and found it.

To other SP01 Shadow owners, what holsters are you using? Is there any brand/model of holster that stands above the rest. Right now I will probably get a comp-tac holster because I have 2 for my other production guns, and they work great so far.

Thanks.

I recently did the same thing. I picked up a Bladetech holster with the Boss hanger from the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop. It is a very solid setup if your goal is to shoot production. Other than that I'm changing to a thicker grip and ordered a spare parts kit from Matt Mink so I would have a backup for all of the normal wear and tear parts.

Definitely get the BOSS hanger. I also like the Ghost 360 pouches. Use the stock mags got dry fire and get a bunch of Mec-Gar 17s for real shooting. Stock mags have weak springs and jam up frequently, even with +10 Wolff springs. I use Springer base pads. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably get Shockbottle.

I love the COM holster paired with the boss hanger. Running ready tactical mag pouches because they take up very little belt space and I prefer the pouches to be close to my body.

You can prolly switch out the 13lb hammer spring for the cgw 11.5 hammer spring for a smoother DA pull, replace the trigger roll pi with the cgw floating trigger pin, and polish out the trigger bar and sear cage a bit more, but that's about it??

Smitty79, sent you a pm on those shockbottles, might have a trade solution for you. :)

First it's "Shooters Connection" ;)

Second here's my load for my Accu Shadow

MG 124JHP

4.3g Win231/HP38

1.090" OAL

Third. I use a Blade-tech holster, Ben Stoeger BOSS hanger, and CR Speed mag pouches. I use CZC plated mags with Springer Precision base pads. I have a CGW 8.5# mainspring and the DA pull is 4#, but you must use Federal primers and extended FP

7abb7f650cae5639aac49eccf2db26f4.jpg

Edited by Quack

I recently did the same thing. I picked up a Bladetech holster with the Boss hanger from the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop. It is a very solid setup if your goal is to shoot production. Other than that I'm changing to a thicker grip and ordered a spare parts kit from Matt Mink so I would have a backup for all of the normal wear and tear parts.

I couldn't find a spare parts kit on AA.

What parts are the normal wear and tear parts? Slide stop and TRS, but what else?

What parts are the normal wear and tear parts? Slide stop and TRS, but what else?

Sorry, I don't have the list in front of me. It wasn't on AA's page. I called Mink to ask and he rattled off a list of parts and I told him to send them to me. I'll try to find it tomorrow.

Sorry, I don't have the list in front of me. It wasn't on AA's page. I called Mink to ask and he rattled off a list of parts and I told him to send them to me. I'll try to find it tomorrow.

Thanks!

I just got my Shadow Target last Friday so I need to get some spare parts in my bag.

Thanks!

I just got my Shadow Target last Friday so I need to get some spare parts in my bag.

I just received notification that my parts are out for delivery today. I'll post a run down of everything later tonight.

It came in today. What a beauty! I love the almost flat black finish with just a touch of gloss. The trigger is 8 pounds DA, and 3 pounds SA. The DA trigger pull sure feels lighter than that though. I measured it with my trigger pull scale. It is very smooth.

I plan on 6 of the Mec-gar mags. I will order those in the next week or so. the 3 stock mags it came with should be fine for the local range while I get used to the trigger and sights before shooting it in a match.

Thanks for all the recommendations on the holster and mags.

I will post a few picture later.

-Wayne

I am about to order 6 of the Mec-Gar 17rd mags. I can't seem to find information on the base pads that come on them. I am assuming that the ones that come on the Mec-Gars are just fine. Anyone that uses the Mec-Gar 17s, did you replace the basepads, or use them as-is? All of my other guns, I have replaced the factory base pads with something better. I will probably run the Mec-Gars how they come to see if I like them with the stock base pads. This will be my first gun that I will be running after market mags in.

I had a chance to shoot it this past week, and it is a sweet shooting gun. This is my first all steel pistol that has iron sights. It shoots so much smoother than my M&P and Glock that I have been shooting for the past year. I love the sights that came on it. They are very crisp and easy to pick up the front sight. I am a right handed, left eye dominant shooter still working on keeping both eyes open with iron sights. I can't wait to get to a range and shoot it fast. I have to travel about 1 hour to get to a range that lets you shoot faster than 1 shot a second :(. And that has to be on a match day and stay for practice after the match.

Thanks,

-Wayne

I run all Mec Gars now. Plated with Springer base pads for my match mags and I picked up a bunch of standard Mec Gars for Dryfire and back up mags.

Greg Cote has the 17rders for $24.95 and I've found a few other places that are slightly less than that. Cote has great service though so I get them there.

I use the 17 round mags but I had to do alot of small weight reductions to keep within the 2oz allowed weight increase for my shadow. I sometimes wonder if those who use the aluminum base pads are actually running a legal weight in club matches.

I've got a Shadow target - Springer pads and my weight is fine with no reductions at all (42oz per rules) I'm .1 oz over standard weight with empty mag inserted which is well within the allotted 2oz per USPSA rules

7270fefd26b51a8f9cf47acfc0d7c545.jpg

Edited by Vanniek71

What I don't understand is how a standard shadow with rubber grips is officially 39oz and a shadow target is 42. I think the weight of a stock shadow is incorrect but I don't have a stock shadow to test my theory. The cz website also says the stock shadow weights 1180 grams which is 41oz.

What I don't understand is how a standard shadow with rubber grips is officially 39oz and a shadow target is 42. I think the weight of a stock shadow is incorrect but I don't have a stock shadow to test my theory. The cz website also says the stock shadow weights 1180 grams which is 41oz.

The CZ 75 Shadow (Short Dust Cover) is 39oz the SP-01 Shadow (Full Length Dust Cover) is 42oz

Ahh now it all makes sense and I'm feeling kinda dumb. That's for finally clearing that up with me. I had been so angry that I couldn't add anything else to the gun.

• 2 weeks later...