Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mini Mr Bullet Feeder for RL550B

I decided to give the Mini Mr Bullet feeder a try on my RL550B. I'm loading .38 Super Comp. Because the Mini Mr Bullet Feeder takes up a station I'm going to have to use a combination seat/crimp die on the last station.

At the moment I've got one of the newer Dillon die sets with the inserts so I currently seat on station 3 and remove the belling on station 4 with a taper crimp die.

Is there a die available that allows you to both seat and taper crimp the projectile at the same time. If not, what do you guys do to get around the problem?

Errr, as much as I'd like to, buying a 650 is not possible for me in the foreseeable future.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Mark

Youngeyes,

It looks like the Lee Carbide factory crimp die may be the way to go with this. Thank you for the video information. That was good of you to take the time.

All the best

Mark

Hi formernuke,

I was considering this kind of as a last resort as I am trying to cut back time at the loading bench. If the Lee option doesn't work, then it looks like I'll be dedicating some time during the week to do as you suggest.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Regards

Mark

Youngeyes,

It looks like the Lee Carbide factory crimp die may be the way to go with this. Thank you for the video information. That was good of you to take the time.

All the best

Mark

FCD only crimps

Another option would be to resize and deprime on a single stage which free's up one of your stations. I already do this as I wet tumble.

I have thought about this, but I don't see how it helps. You would have to put the powder drop in station 1 instead of 2, then bullet feeder in 2, etc..., right?

So you drop powder into an unprimed case (leaks), and then you prime it, with powder in the case… Doesn't seem like a good plan. What am I missing?

I would rather feed bullets by hand than seat an crimp at the same time.

Personally me too. But plenty of guys do use seat/crimp dies. The problem is you adjust crimp with the die body. That means every time you change it you need to re do your seat adjustment. But, like I said plenty of people make it work.

It works for me ( lee seat/crimp die) and the mini mr bulletfeeder on a rl550 don't ever want to go back !

And how often do you change your crimp ???

I don't, just don't like the bullet moving while the case is being crimped.

Try it both ways, then pull bullets and see if you can tell the difference. If you can't I would do both at the same station. I can so I do them in two steps.

Archived