Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi Format Change

DWFAN

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Anyone know why or when the "No Dry Fire" rule was started? I don't remember it at my first cup, but it was there for my second cup.

I competed in eight Cups (1988-1995) and dry-firing was explicitly prohibited at all of them. It was a time thing...allow it and a bunch of people would stand there and draw/dry-fire for five minutes at every distance. We saw a lot of that at local matches back in the day.

Tom

• 2 months later...

The new format is outlined in the new Shooting Sports USA e-magazine. As suspected the Iron Man event has gone on the Tuesday and no Colt Speed Plates on Saturday. Top twenty to shoot off for the Cup. More details to come :surprise:. I don't think I want to hear much more. Welcome to the TTT.

Top Twenty Trophy. :ph34r:

Top 20, or top 20 in each category (open, metallic etc)?

The winner of Metallic finished 28th overall.

Most people think it will be the top 20 overall, and then the top 4 of the other trophy divisions/categories.

Of course if that is true Production gets the shaft as the shooter count is starting to get close to open numbers.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Bring back Tom.

I shoot all divisions, but the reality is that the only reason Bianchi attendance has come back in recent years is due to Production class. Making it cater predominately to the Open shooters (top 20) will kill this. Really though, top 4 in Met/Prod? I'm sorry, but I've shot numerous events in all classes and shooting an 1800+ with an iron-sighted gun is on par with shooting a 1900+ in Open. The difference is that the 1900+ in Open might bring you into the "finals", whereas an 1850 in the other classes may not. I had my heart set on shooting multigun open/metallic next year with Metallic as my main, but now I may have to shoot Open just to attempt a Top 20 finish. If they're gonna do it, in my opinion, they need to pull the top 10 from each individual class.

I guess there's nothing left to do but practice and break some hearts.

Edited by RippinSVT

Read another version and it says "The Bianchi Cup, presented by Midway USA, will have a format change for 2016. Everyone will complete the normal 1920 aggregate. The top individuals will compete in a second Championship event to determine the Cup winners. This change will not affect anything won in the first aggregate and the only competitors affected are the top individuals. In addition the two gun aggregate and the Colt Speed Event have been eliminated to accommodate the new format. More will be published soon in this magazine for a better description".

That was by Dennis Willing.

Sorry if my first post was not 100% correct. I can only pass on what I see. It does not say who the "individuals" are or how many? It looks like a few get a second chance. Watch this space. :angry2:

+1,00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, what Coatsie said. :roflol:

The format for the Worlds (as we intend to do this properly) will be as per normal, well as normal as it gets down here.

See NRA Match Announcements in this forum.

Website has been delayed due to a hosting issue. For the weather report for this time of the year, warm sunny and just fecking marvelous. We have booked the same for next year :bow:

Talked to Damien at NRA-HQ this morning. Here's what I got:

-Main match shooting to start Tuesday

-Trying to get some side matches sponsored

-top 16 overall will shoot the championship, starting by noon friday

-top 4 from Prod/Met each also shoot

-top 4 Ladies/Juniors also shoot

-total of 32 shooters (possibly 36, can't remember if seniors have a category)

-definitely no multigun-agg

-Championship will be scored like multigun was, aggregate of 2 matches for a best of 3840pts

It's whatever, I'm kinda sour that they aren't doing 8-12 from each gun category, and I also feel like people wanted the match shorter instead of longer, but life goes on. One of my teammates may have to drop out now because of shooting a day earlier.

Talked to Damien at NRA-HQ this morning. Here's what I got:

-Main match shooting to start Tuesday

-Trying to get some side matches sponsored

-top 16 overall will shoot the championship, starting by noon friday

-top 4 from Prod/Met each also shoot

-top 4 Ladies/Juniors also shoot

-total of 32 shooters (possibly 36, can't remember if seniors have a category)

-definitely no multigun-agg

-Championship will be scored like multigun was, aggregate of 2 matches for a best of 3840pts

It's whatever, I'm kinda sour that they aren't doing 8-12 from each gun category, and I also feel like people wanted the match shorter instead of longer, but life goes on. One of my teammates may have to drop out now because of shooting a day earlier.

They HAD sponsors for the side matches Dennis screwed that up and didn't have his staff call the sponsors.

They should be doing at least 8 in production, as production has nearly as many competitors as open these days.

Honestly I don't think it should be done what so ever.

I am committed to go this year, but next year, who knows. I might be better off saving my money and going to another regional instead.