Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters That Won't Help

ES13Raven

I'm new to this. We have maybe 10 shooters per squad. Most grab spots and taped without being told. A father and son (25) would do nothing. I picked up brass. After the second stage I told them to pick up their own. The father was shooting 38 super if I did pick up any 38 super it went to someone else.

Jack

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the idea of having the person who just shot reset/ tape for the next two.

So many guys don't want to work right before they shoot because they are focused on stage plan, nervous, etc. work for two or three after you shoot, then go clean mags, reload, think about the next stage.

Moto, let's try this.

I don't know if that would catch on. After shooting a shooter should focus on getting everything back in order
I'm with Sarge on that one...

I think that the ro should be aware if what's going on and then after all has been reset...say, hey you in the green shirt, please go and check that target for tape...obviously pick the farthest one. Then when he comes back and says, no, it's taped. Oh, ok..thank you for your help

If he does it on the next stage...repeat until he gets the picture

I hear ya amigo.

But expecting the RO to have that level of micro management just isn't realistic to me.

The best systems are those that are built on defined expectations.

Having a clear communicated expectation in advance is a winning plan.

But hey, if no one is on board then stick with what you have been doing!?

At a match this weekend a whole squad almost got DQ'd, they didn't want to paste or set up, it was raining and they didn't want to shoot.

They were holding my squad up and everyone else.

The rain wasn't that bad, my squad was concerned about the lightning, but the RM said they checked RADAR and it was clearing, the lightning had stopped by then.

I had a good squad, they pasted and set up steel, some of them even set up their own steel after shooting it.

The RM and the CRO on the stage told them at least 5 times that I heard they would all be DQd, if they didn't paste and setup, some of the guys just sat there even after the repeated warnings.

They eventually pasted and set up but dragged ass on it the whole match, we kept getting bottle necked behind them.

At a match this weekend a whole squad almost got DQ'd, they didn't want to paste or set up, it was raining and they didn't want to shoot.

The rain wasn't that bad, my squad was concerned about the lightning, but the RM said they checked RADAR and it was clearing, the lightning had stopped by then.

I had a good squad, they pasted and set up steel, some of them even set up their own steel after shooting it.

The RM and the CRO on the stage told them at least 5 times that I heard they would all be DQd, if they didn't paste and setup, some of the guys just sat there even after the repeated warnings.

They eventually pasted and set up but dragged ass on it the whole match, we kept getting bottle necked behind them.

Was this a sanctioned USPSA match?

Running 2 majors the last three weeks, I have told three shooters that they needed to help reset the stages. With one, when he went to the next stage, I told the RO to put him last, hand him a can of paint and he was too reset all the steel and paint it until he was on deck. He worked the rest of the match.

Was this a sanctioned USPSA match?

IPSC

I help out, volunteered to help run the match.

I am not there to be the shooters maid or paste boy, I was very busy running the tablet, scoring by getting it in the tablet and writing it down plus I had to get the shooter to verify and sign off on the scores, I didn't have time to do anything else, plus I was the secondary R.O. so I had to help watch the shooter.

If the squad won't paste and reset, how is the on deck shooter going to shoot?

I had a good squad, they wanted to shoot, reset, patch and paint so the on deck shooter didn't have to wait too long.

Only person not pasting on my squad and setting up was the on deck shooter and sometimes the shooter because they are checking their targets.