Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost 360 vs DAA Racer?

jbultman

DAAs seem to hold the mags a bit better, have the ability for close spacing and more options for tilt. If you have a smaller belt size or would rather have the mags closer together they are a much better option and overall just seem a bit better built.

Edited by mrpredictable

I really like the DAA over the Ghost but I don't see them being worth the price difference. In the long run, they might prove it but so far for the first months I've had my new Ghost pouches, I don't see it.

Sent from the range

It just seems as with the racers that there is alot of modifications and figuring out that needs to be done with Glock mags before shooting. Unlike the ghost pouches, where you screw the tension screws in and go

jb, if you tell them you shoot a Glock when you order them, they will send you the Glock/CZ spacers for free along with. Instructions come with. It is very easy to do. You retract the tension screw all the way, snap out the original spacer, then snap in the new. It takes way less than a minute a pouch. BTW, save the old spacers in case you switch to a 2011.

ZZT what if I want to do "bullets out." Heard there was issues with one of the screw heads being too big. The main reason for getting a good set of pouches is so that I can experiment with "bullets out," but if I don't like it keep with "bullets forward"

If you get the Ghost pouches it comes with 2 mag holders so at any time you can switch from bullets out to bullets forward.

I have switched from bullets forward to bullets out a couple of times and found I like bullets out best. Plus you can't beat the price on the ghost pouches!

ZZT what if I want to do "bullets out." Heard there was issues with one of the screw heads being too big. The main reason for getting a good set of pouches is so that I can experiment with "bullets out," but if I don't like it keep with "bullets forward"

I had to file down the mounting screw head on my racers in order to mount them bullets out so the screw clears the adjustment knob. the racers also dont have a hole in the side like the race masters to make it easy to tighten the screw either so i drilled one because it is difficult otherwise. They dont seem to be completely desisgned for bullets out but you can make it work. also the mounting screw is tapered for the tapered hole in the mag retention plate when mounting bullets forward but since you dont mount it through that plate for bullets out you have a tapered screw going into a flat hole. that being said they do work well once you adjust them and i dont plan on changing them out for anything else but for the price i shouldn't of had to do that

jb, it sounds like you would be happier with the Ghosts. You just swap bodies to go from forward to out. If you cannot decide, buy one and experiment. You'll quickly find out if you can tolerate bullets out, or not.

Edited by zzt

the DAA are harder to mount bullets out, that is the only place i think they are not better than the 360 pouches. and maybe possibly that the 360's are a little simpler overall.

I like the belt attachment as it is smaller and metal on the DAA. with only a 30" waist it allows me to run mags closer together so the 5th one isnt at my spine like it was with the ghosts. also with the ghosts i would have mags bounce out while running. the stiffest leaf spring just wasn't strong enough in my opinion. with the tension wheel on the DAA I do no lose mags while running.

the DAA also have a finer adjustment level all around imho. but they do take a few more minutes to set up and drilling an extra hole if you want to make them bullets out. i've done it, so it's doable. having owned both for production in uspsa i like the DAA just a little bit better.

I'm running a 38 belt, about a 36 waist. Don't know how the pouches would sit and how far back they would go. I'm leaning towards the 360s just because its easier, and cheaper. However theres something about the DAAs that are luring me in. But, I agree, when you buy the DAAs you shouldn't have to do that much work to make them bullets out or even at all!

Edited by jbultman

I run the ghost 360's bullets out and I like them , however after reading about the DAA's I may have to experiment . I have 2 issues with the ghost , like rowdy said above with trying a couple of the different retention springs they are kind of meh in retention , and I have a 36 inch waist so the last one is just about in the center of my back so I have to damn near be a contortionist to draw from it quickly .

Just an update for all y'all... I decided on the racers. Only about $50 more overall for alot more flexibility. I will be able to run them closer together and the adjustability for if I decide to move divisions in the future was all worth it for me. A little time setting them up for bullets out is no biggie for me. They should hopefully be in to complete my production rig sometime this week, just in time for some dry fire practice and off to a local club match for trial next weekend!