Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow and Sphinx SDP Competition Legality

EatsEverything

I've been trying to muddle my way through figuring out what divisions the various models of Shadows and Sphinx SDP are legal for use. Here's what I've been able to gather so far (5/23/2015):

IDPA SSP
  • CZ 75 Shadow SA/DA
  • CZ 75 Shadow Custom & Custom 2014
  • CZ 75 Shadow T
  • CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow
  • CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Custom & Custom 2014
  • CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Target
  • Sphinx SDP Subcompact Alpha
  • Sphinx SDP Compact Alpha/Black/Krypton/Sand/Duo-Tone/Stainless
  • Sphinx SDP Standard Alpha
  • Sphinx SDP Compact Black/Sand/Duo-Tone
IDPA ESP
  • CZ 75 Shadow SA
  • CZ 75 Shadow SA/DA
  • CZ 75 Shadow Custom & Custom 2014
  • CZ 75 Shadow T
  • CZ 75 Accu-Shadow Lite
  • CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow
  • CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow Custom & Custom 2014
  • Sphinx SDP Subcompact Alpha
  • Sphinx SDP Compact Alpha/Black/Krypton/Sand, but not Duo-Tone/Stainless
  • Sphinx SDP Standard Alpha
  • Sphinx SDP Compact Black/Sand, but not Duo-Tone
USPSA Production
  • CZ 75 Shadow SA/DA
  • CZ 75 Shadow T
  • CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow
  • CZ 75 SP-01 Accu-Shadow
  • Sphinx SDP Compact, all variants up to max weight of 45 oz, 9mm, 3.7" Barrel
USPSA Limited/Limited-10
  • Anything goes, but no magazines >140mm, barrel porting, compensators
USPSA Open
  • Anything goes, but no magazines >170mm
Questions
  1. I included the Accu-Shadow Lite in IDPA ESP because the barrel bushing makes it illegal for SSP, but since it doesn't have a full-length dust cover, it ought to be legal for ESP?
  2. Although not explicitly named in the USPSA Production gun list, are the Shadow Custom & Custom 2014 allowed?
  3. Also in the USPSA Production gun list, the Accu-Shadow Lite is not explicitly named and therefore disallowed? No. (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=215692&p=2399168)
  4. None of the Sphinx SDPs are listed yet on the USPSA Production gun list, but it's implied that they will be eventually. Do we have to wait or are they accepted already? They're listed under KRISS, USA, not Sphinx: "All variants of the Sphinx SDP compact, up to max weight of 45 oz. 9mm, 3.7" Barrel."
  5. For the poor saps in California who can no longer buy any new CZ Shadows, is it legal in any of these divisions to buy a base model CZ and have it modded up to exactly match the production CZ Shadows by CZ Custom Shop? Technically, yes. (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=215692&p=2399115)
Is this correct? Am I missing anything?
Edited by EatsEverything

I'm pretty sure the sphinxes were already approved for production per Frontsightgoeswhere on the CZ forums.

Technically, yes. All you really need is the sp01 frame, do the work to get it up to czc or cgw standards, and find an sp01 shadow slide. voila, you have an sp01 shadow for all intents and purposes.

Thought the CZ Targets weren't IDPA (SSP) legal due to them being milled by CZC. So the SP01 Shadow target isn't legal for ESP either.

The AS Lite isn't on the USPSA production list, so not legal.

Edited by Quack