Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gold Team pacifier while I wait for NJ permits

Bought a .38Super Witness Elite Gold Team last week and waiting for my New Jersey Handgun Permits to process. Since there is a 4 month backlog to process these permits, I found an Airsoft Version that I bought to hold me over while I patiently wait. My Airsoft uses "plastic" since BB's in NJ also require a Handgun Permit. I'll put a C-More Click on mine so it will have a similar acquisition to the real thing. $134 with 10% off this weekend, bought mine online in US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=240&v=lvSFtMMSZrY

They are a pretty dead on replica. We've got a couple. But they're fragile so watch out. We've busted a magazine by dropping it and recently a hammer broke on one during normal firing. Both also quit working with expensive "golden" plastic bb's but worked fine with the cheaper bulk pack from the local sports store. But the feel is there and they've been useful to practice with. I put a fastfire on the included mount and that is pretty close to the height of a cmore on the real one.

kernelofwisdom,

Thanks for the heads-up on the fragility...Ill get a backup Mag and temporarily use the C-More I bought for the .38.

I have a USPSA GM training me and said I can't move up without improving my transition times. Targeting ..45 transitions and .30 controlled pairs for now. Difficult finding a Range in NJ where I can set up a target array.

Hoping the .38 Gold will give me speed over .40sw Glock and that this airsoft will give me "feel" of the .38 Gold for fast eye/hand transitions while setting up a target array on my own property..

I started this USPSA competition a little late in life, so I need to turbo-charge my training ASAP.

Edited by Austin111

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I set up arrays around the house and run around. We also set up an airsoft range in the house using metal targets from tactrainers.com. They are really cool. Used at the intended distance you get a lot of feedback on how you're doing.

USPSA style shooting is totally new to me so I have a lot of counterproductive habits to overcome in addition to trying to develop new skills.

I'll see if I can post a video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYtpH_fpFxE

Bought a .38Super Witness Elite Gold Team last week and waiting for my New Jersey Handgun Permits to process. Since there is a 4 month backlog to process these permits, I found an Airsoft Version that I bought to hold me over while I patiently wait. My Airsoft uses "plastic" since BB's in NJ also require a Handgun Permit. I'll put a C-More Click on mine so it will have a similar acquisition to the real thing. $134 with 10% off this weekend, bought mine online in US.

Looks cool, thanks for the post.

Edited by bmiller

I received my Airsoft version of the Tanfoglio Gold Custom and am very pleased while I wait for my .38 Super. I shot about 200 rounds through it at 10 yards using an AIM Red Dot rather than the C-More Click destined for the .38. Since it is frame mounted, the AIM Red Dot did just fine on the Airsoft.

The gun has realistic weight, realistic recoil (similar to my Glock 23 Gen 4 using a .22lr conversion), realistic dimensions, realistic trigger (splits are fast), realistic ambi-safety, realistic slide lock and realistic transitioning through a target array. Unrealistic is the cost associated with practice sessions..... $1.75 for 200 rounds vs $44 of Freedom Reman Ammo (9mm), (38 Super Major $92 A Arms) .

Sure, Real range time with Real ammo is essential, but if I can cut it down to 100 rounds of live ammo for accuracy and Airsoft to practice draw, acquisition, splits and transitions....I'm cool with that... As Billy Joel put it .........

It's just a fantasy
It's not the real thing
But sometimes a fantasy
Is all you need

If the "real thing" feels as good as this Airsoft..... I am going to enjoy it.

Here is

Airsoft Tanfoglio by Eric Grauffel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd9SjDf3bAQ

Edited by Austin111

Enis, a friend of mine went back to New Jersey. I never really understood why. I know that parts of that State are beautiful; but if you think about it, there are 57 States to choose from and some other States might be a better choice. Best Wishes, Enis.

Enis, a friend of mine went back to New Jersey. I never really understood why. I know that parts of that State are beautiful; but if you think about it, there are 57 States to choose from and some other States might be a better choice. Best Wishes, Enis.

57?! Where do the other 7 come from? Are you including Puerto Rico, D.C., and Guam?

57?! Where do the other 7 come from? Are you including Puerto Rico, D.C., and Guam?

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who caught this