Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Turbo-Bearing

The posts on this are pretty old. I've found that If I lock down my shell plate pretty hard, I get more consistent primer seating and can run with lighter springs while still shooting something other than Federal primers. I've also found that my case feeder is more consistent with minimal shell plate slop.

I've found some old posts on this product.

http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1281

Does anyone have current experience with it? What do you all think?

I have the thrust bearing and washer upgrade. What it gave me was the ability to lock the the shell holder down to the point that when pressing down on the edge, there was almost no rocking movement.

But it still rotated on each pull with very little drag or friction. Improved primer seating, plus more consistent bullet seating depth and crimp.

O.A.L is much more consistent than it was before adding the bearing kit.

The shell carrier jerk that would occasionally spill powder is non-existent. Rotation is very smooth.

I have a question. With these shell plate bearing kits, shouldn't there be a bearing both above and below the plate?

Otherwise you still have the friction below the plate when you crank it down, right?

Anyone else wonder about this?

Sure, but it isn't possible to put a bearing on the bottom without significant modification (machine work to the platform). The shellplate slides along the platform pretty well all things considered, the bearing under the head of the bolt (on top of the shellplate) seems to allow you to hold down the shellplate more than you can without which reduces the play in the shellplate.

I use it without the bottom washer. I saw no difference with or without the washer other than the second washer adding to the stack height and increasing the height of the ejector wire.