Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

California

FTDMFR

All I want to do is to put a mag well on my new M&P so I can shoot it in ESP. That's it.

The problem is, the stupid full-size 10-round restricted capacity magazines for the full size M&Ps are really just the M&P Compact magazine tubes with a giant ass floor plate to make up the difference length...

862846.jpg

... and nobody makes base pads that can attach to these.

So, no mag well for me.

Edited by FTDMFR

I've never done it, but I think it would be possible to buy a SSS +0 base, cut off the part of the plastic that forms the "baseplate" on your picture, and then attach the +0 baseplate with a couple of screws. Then you could use their ESP magwell. I know it seems like a lot of work, but I think that's your only option. Have you contacted Taran Tactical? I seem to recall they were going to do something for the CA compliant mags.

It would be ugly but you could cut the lip off and just glue something to clear the magwell.

another option would be to cut a plate that fits the bottom lip out of something like plastic PC board material and glue it on the bottom using urethane glue or cyanoacrylate. That gives you a flat surface you could glue any kind of mag extender onto it that you wanted.

BTW: are those mec-gar mags? They look just like the 10 round (restricted) that came standard with my CZ.

Edited by bountyhunter

Get some normal mags, block it off and throw on an extension. You'll be good to go

There is no legal way to procure "normal" (full capacity) magazines in california unless you are LE.
Looks like it's time for a trip out of state

Lot of people do it, but it's not worth the felony for me. They have had stings in Nevada looking for "California plates" buying contraband material at gun shows and gun stores and nailing them hauling it back in.

Get some normal mags, block it off and throw on an extension. You'll be good to go

There is no legal way to procure "normal" (full capacity) magazines in california unless you are LE.

Lot of people do it, but it's not worth the felony for me. They have had stings in Nevada looking for "California plates" buying contraband material at gun shows and gun stores and nailing them hauling it back in.
I never thought about that....oh well...can hope to have Leo friends who will block them legally

Rent a car with non California plates? :ph34r:

Rent a car with non California plates? :ph34r:

Doctor or FBI, you think you know.

If you permanently block them while you're out of state then you can import them since they aren't "high capacity" anymore.

Hey! That's a good idea. You know something, JonSnow!

Edited by FTDMFR