Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 Shadow Shooting Low

ardo

I haven't shot this pistol in 2.5 years. It had a problem about 3 years ago, the sear cage became loose in the frame. By the time it was repaired, I got myself another Shadow, and haven't shot the original one until this past weekend.

The gun shoots about 1.5" low at 10 yards. The front sight is 5.5mm, which is the shortest factory sight available AFAIK. I cannot put any after-market sights on it, I want to keep it IPSC Production-legal, to use as a backup gun.

I'm thinking of filing the top of the front sight post down a little, are there any other options I should consider?

Thanks.

I can barely see the target at 20 yards. 15 yards is my usual sighting distance, and even there my best groups are 2" freestyle. For some reason, I do better freestyle than from the bench rest. I was just comparing the two pistols at 10 yards, group size is about the same but the old one shoots low.

I'd rather keep the same load I worked up for my primary Shadow.

The rear sight can be adjusted for windage only, it's a tactical non-adjustable sight.

You could add the HAJO rear adjustable sight. I would check with CZ Custom to insure it would solve your issue. I am assuming IPSC allows rear sight replacement.

Here is the link--> http://czcustom.com/czshadowtacrearhajo.aspx

IPSC Production rules don't allow after-market parts. This is not a CZ factory part, it is made by CZ Custom.

I have the factory fixed and an aftermarket front, I think it is taller than 5.5. I can measure this weekend. No did file it some so I could lollipop. 5.5 seems low, have you had someone else try it. Also at 10 yards I doubt changing the load will have much if any effect.

You could add the HAJO rear adjustable sight. I would check with CZ Custom to insure it would solve your issue. I am assuming IPSC allows rear sight replacement.

IPSC Production rules don't allow after-market parts. This is not a CZ factory part, it is made by CZ Custom.
Unless I am mistaken IPSC Production allows after market sights providing they don't require milling of the slide to install. Look around! Was thinking of getting an LPA adjustable rear that fits my 85b's dovetail.

Appendix D4 17.2

5.5mm is the stock factory Shadow height. I actually had to go a CZC 6mm to get mine to shot POA=POI. File down the top of the 5.5 sight you have (without cutting into the F.O. hole) and see how close you can get it. Wont take much, and there's a little meat there to work with.

Looks like you're right, and I'm

Unless I am mistaken IPSC Production allows after market sights providing they don't require milling of the slide to install. Look around! Was thinking of getting an LPA adjustable rear that fits my 85b's dovetail.

Appendix D4 17.2

Looks like you're right - and I'm mistaken... Thanks, I should read the rules once in a while!

5.5mm is the stock factory Shadow height. I actually had to go a CZC 6mm to get mine to shot POA=POI. File down the top of the 5.5 sight you have (without cutting into the F.O. hole) and see how close you can get it. Wont take much, and there's a little meat there to work with.

Thanks, I think this is the cheapest option to try, since I'd be needing both front and rear sights to go adjustable. May as well try filing down the sight I have first.

Guys, thank you all for helping!