Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&Ps on sale?

ranger

I am seeing S&W M&P FS 9 on sale at distributors for $399.99. Now a local Atlanta gun store is advertising M&P FS 9 for $399.99. S&W is offering three free mags with M&P now.

Is S&W clearing out stock on current M&Ps? Is there some new upgrade or innovation coming out for a new M&P that would justify clearing out the current stock?

I have no inside information but would guess it was just a response if the big bubble in sales of firearms over the last year or two has burst. Again, IF, based on anecdotal impression, not sales figures I've looked at.

Edited by sheepdog

Palmetto State Armory had them for $399.99, but I got mine from GrafAGun for $410 + free shipping this past holiday weekend. I went with GAG because my FFL transfer guy is on their already approved list - he wasn't at PSA. Convenience thing really plus PSA charged 17.00 shipping.

Based on talking to gun shop people and reading gun stuff constantly it seems like m&p sales are dying off. Glock is the gold standard for plastic guns. M&ps had a little run. The PPQ, vp9, sig 320, and all those brought stuff to the table for those that don't want a glock. Nobody really knows but Smith I guess but hopefully they have a new kickass line coming out.

• 3 weeks later...

Followed the link on the Cabelas site. Looks like it is only $50 on the M&P Pistols, and only for Military and ex-military (through December). S&W did have a free mag (2 or 3?) that ended at the end of May.