Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G17 not going into battery after trigger is pulled during reset

sasquatch981

I have a G17 Gen4 with a newly installed ZEV Fulcrum trigger, and a 12lb recoil spring. When I shot it at the local match this past weekend, I had several issues where when the trigger was pulled the gun goes bang ;) , then during the letting off of the trigger for reset, either:

A) The trigger would remain in the rearward position. rack the slide feed a new round and it would work again for that shot, and then the trigger would not reset again. :angry2: Think of a single action G17, in production (or five rounds to shoot per magazine!!!)

or

B) If the trigger did reset it would give me a light strike.

So I replaced the striker spring with a heavier unit to deal with the possibly harder primers (Winchester). I ran out of Federals. That seems to have taken care of the light strikes for now. I will probably still get an extended striker in the future.

Here is a video I took at the range the other day when trying to diagnose the problem, As you can see when the trigger is pulled, the slide can be seen "clicking into battery". Over several pulls it does this quite often, but not all the time. Any ideas of how to remedy this, other than tapping the back of the slide after every shot!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/matt.pridachuk/videos/10206939669558649/

What you have is an engagement issue with your sear and striker lug. Also be sure the drop safety is still working. If it is not resting on the shelf or is off of it then the trigger bar can "bounce" for lack of a better term and the. The striker falls to the striker block safety causing the dead trigger. But my guess is which is common with the fulcrum is a sear engagement issue.

The vertical test isn't always the best gauge either. When the pistol is cycling during fire there will be more than enough energy to chamber the round and lock up as long as the cartridges chamber check. I run a 10lb Wolffe spring in my 17L