Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand power K100 X-Trim

Steve Moneypenny

8.2.1.1. Handguns permitted for use in SSP must:

8.2.1.1.1. Have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units. Discontinued models must have had a total production of 20,000 units.

8.2.1.1.2. Be semi-automatic.

8.2.1.1.3. Be double action, double action only, or striker fired.

8.2.1.1.4. Be 9mm (9x19) or larger caliber.

8.2.1.1.5. The unloaded firearm with the heaviest magazine must weigh 43.00 oz/1219.0 grams or less.

8.2.1.1.6. The firearm with the largest magazine inserted must fit in the IDPA gun test box measuring 8 ¾” x 6” x 1 5/8”.

AS long as it meets the weight limit, will fit in the box, and has the 2000 unit production, I would think it should be fine if unaltered. You might want to verify it's thickness (1 5/8" max) with the safety/safeties or check it with a box.

The Glock 34 and Springfield XDM 5.25 both have slide lightening cuts, and so does the Walther PPQ. Those don't seem to have a problem being run in IDPA. Aftermarket changes would be a different story though.

If concerned about it, I would contact the match director to make sure.

it's like 24 oz empty. Tha's what i was thinking , Thought it was a little heavier, but GP USA website says 24. hopefully

I do have after market base pads, but they do fit in the box ( Shockbottle Base pads).

This is how it usually works.. "oh my god, he's faster than most of the people here" "he must have a cheater gun or be cheating"

it's like 24 oz empty. Tha's what i was thinking , Thought it was a little heavier, but GP USA website says 24. hopefully

I do have after market base pads, but they do fit in the box ( Shockbottle Base pads).

This is how it usually works.. "oh my god, he's faster than most of the people here" "he must have a cheater gun or be cheating"

It is my sincere hope that you've never encountered that. The current world champ in IDPA shoots a Glock 34, I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure Nils won ESP at indoor nats with a 1911/2011. There are no short cuts.