Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TruGrip Availability? Eric finally done?

JoshF

Guys has anyone heard from Eric in the past two months? I made an order with him back in March and followed that up with an email in April. I paid with Paypal so the funds are allocated and I'm considering retracting the order due to lack of any response.

If he is done for good what the next most similar product out now? I want a full wrap and the fine grit like he used. It's the perfect setup for me and I'd hate to change.

I have never seen the tru grip but it looks nice. It reminds me a lot of a grip done in silicone carbide. I have been using Dawson and really like them but they don't go around the backstrap.

I also looked around and found them here. I assume they are actually in stock. Hope that helps. http://www.mannyusa.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?

Edited by JPetrowski

Looks like I'm cancelling and trying Manny's. Such a shame as I really liked Eric's product. Can't believe he didn't just sell off everything to someone else who could produce them more reliably.

I just did the same thing. Ordered in March, emailed in April, no response, emailed in May, no response, claim filed with Paypal 2 1/2 months from the original order date. :-/

I ended up buying some from the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop. Doesn't go up as high on the grip, but it gets the job done.

I use piece of bicycle inner tube....works GREAT! plenty of grip with or without gloves, can cut it to cover as much or as little as you want, and it's cheap (actually cost me nothing, had a couple old bicycle tubes laying around).

Eric is the Biggest Flake on the Planet, but He's Honest.. He just sends them out when he gets around to it. I went thru the same thing a while back. I waited and waited and after a couple month's I sent him an Email again saying just credit back my Paypal I can't wait any longer.. About a week later he sent me an Email saying sorry I was on a Rafting Trip.. LOL..

So he Credited back my Paypal the total amount. About 2 weeks later his Grips show up with a note saying I wanted to send the Grips anyway..

I went through this exact same thing.

Ordered from Eric, a month in nothing. Asked the same questions - got the same answers.

Ordered Manny's because I didn't want to wait. Got them quickly went on easy, Way too ROUGH for me. I practiced with them and I stopped when my hands were bleeding due to lack of skin. however they are a great pattern.

Went to my local skate shop got some jepson skate tape and traced out the pattern from manny's and made my own that are just right.

Another month goes by I finally get the grips from Eric. Pretty much the same thing as the skate tape I got!

I now just keep using the grips as templates and cutting my own out.

Ordered from Eric, a month in nothing. Asked the same questions - got the same answers.

Ordered Manny's because I didn't want to wait. Got them quickly went on easy, Way too ROUGH for me. I practiced with them and I stopped when my hands were bleeding due to lack of skin. however they are a great pattern.

Went to my local skate shop got some jepson skate tape and traced out the pattern from manny's and made my own that are just right.

Another month goes by I finally get the grips from Eric. Pretty much the same thing as the skate tape I got!

I like them monster grippy grips from Manny. Does a good job defoliating my hands. You damn sure won't loose your grip with them. You might tear a finger off but you won't lose your grip. :)

Edited by bowenbuilt

I just did the same thing. Ordered in March, emailed in April, no response, emailed in May, no response, claim filed with Paypal 2 1/2 months from the original order date. :-/

I ended up buying some from the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop. Doesn't go up as high on the grip, but it gets the job done.

Update: After filing a dispute with Paypal, Eric sent my grips earlier this week. I should have them in another day or two. Now that I've already bought something else. :-/

I usually use a piece of bicycle inner tube as a grip sleeve on my duty weapon. Works great, very grippy even with sweaty hands.

with that said...I also use good old regular stair tread no slip tape. I made my own templates using heavy construction paper and just use those to trace out and cut grips from the stair tread no slip tape. Works great and I can get differing textures of tread tape....

It's Jessup tape that I used, spelled it wrong above.

http://www.amazon.com/Jessup-Skateboard-Grip-Tape-33-Inch/dp/B0039ZN00K/ref=sr_1_3?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1432833126&sr=1-3

I went down to my local skate shop and bout a square foot for I think $6 and it's lasted over 2 years. I have not replaced the front strap yet but have replaced the back strap twice now. When it gets a little dirty or full of dead skin I take a stiff nylon brush and brush it out and it'll last a few months longer.

I use a hair dryer to get it nice and hot when putting it on, the small bubbles that wont come out I take a lighter to that spot then press it down with my finger. Makes it stay nice and secure. I think having the template once from Eric or Manny is worth the money spent it fits the gun very well and gives you full coverage for a high grip.

I do keep a cotton rag to wrap the grip before putting it in my gun bag so it doesn't stick or wear my range bag. My IDPA vest and some shirts will wear faster where the grip rubs but it's the price I pay for having a better grip and being able to shoot better.

I will try to take some pictures and do a review with tips on my blog http://beyondthesights.us/

Edited by Marshal82

I believe for a "sandpaper" type of grip cover, Eric's Truegrips are the best. When installed as instructed, they have the best fit w/o any bulges. I bought some several years ago and needed some recently. I ordered from his website and had similar experience as others. I tried ro reach out to Eric with emails but had no response. If he would have just responded and acknowledged the order, I would have waited for the shipment. But after a month, I initiated a charge-back with PayPal. Eric has a great product but if he is unable to serve customers, he should find a partner to help him out. I think it would sell well amist all the competition.