Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brownells 1911 magazines?

Flash74

I searched but could not find any info. Has anyone tried Brownells 1911 magazines? I am a newbie to single stack and looking to get some mags. I can get the Brownells 8-round mags for $20 each. I have been impressed with their aluminum AR mags and am wondering if their 1911 were of similar quality. I know I can get CM power mags for $25 each, but why not save $50 since I will be buying 10 or so mags.

They are GTG. They are made by Metalform. The identical mags can be gotten at Midway with Metalform stamped on them instead of Brownells. I replaced the basepads with Dawson aluminum ones. I like the round top steel followers that won't get chewed up by the slide stop lug.

Ive had them before when using a 45 in SS divison. I was lured to them by the 20.00 dollars price tag! Not worth it. If your really serious about shooting a SS in USPSA, buy the Corba Tripp 45 magazines with the hybrid follower. period.

no comparison.

I searched but could not find any info. Has anyone tried Brownells 1911 magazines? I am a newbie to single stack and looking to get some mags. I can get the Brownells 8-round mags for $20 each. I have been impressed with their aluminum AR mags and am wondering if their 1911 were of similar quality. I know I can get CM power mags for $25 each, but why not save $50 since I will be buying 10 or so mags.

Have you considered Check Mate Hybrid Competitions? they're like $21 apiece shipped from 44mag.com and they work great. I'm coming up on 2k rounds through them and no malfunctions at all. Once the spring is broken in seating the mags on a loaded chamber is no big deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my brownells mags (6) last week and tried them yesterday. Every one worked well with no issues. I really like the coating on the mags, it's really slick and the empties shot out of the pistol. They feel much slicker than SS or blued mags. I loaded and shot each one about 3 times with no issues. Time will tell if they hold up and are reliable in my gun. I will update in the future once I get many more rounds through the mags.

Archived