Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spam

blind bat

There is a certain vendor that I occasionally purchase from. I won't mention any names but they are situated some where midway across the United States... I used to receive a couple emails a month from them and I'm fine with that then earlier this month I started getting daily emails. Then two daily emails. Then on Friday I received 5 emails from them in one day! I'd like to let their marketing genius know that I've subscribed from all their emails and I'll be taking my business elsewhere...

I'm now torn between calling them to have them stop sending me their catalogs or let them continue to spend money on postage and just toss their mailings straight into the recycle bin.

Okay, this means war. I unsubscribed earlier in the day and just received another email from them.

I'm sure the Fine-Print lets them keep spamming you for 3 to 5 more days before they manage to remove your name from their list.

Rat bastards just send another one! Their opt-out screen doesn't say anything about how long it takes to be removed from their queue of sole sucking marketing emails.

Meyer2: Here's a note from the opt-out page: "NOTE: Unsubscribing from marketing-related emails does not unsubscribe your email address from order confirmation, shipping notifications, policy change updates and information about your account."

Here is a question: If you "unsubscribe" from their list, will you still get emails about your orders/updates, etc still?

Yes...and you still get all the same spam too. Their emails now all go to spam in my email and I don't buy there anymore. With their shipping charges I can get it cheaper elsewhere anyway.

Just block them. If you're using hotmail go to options... safe/blocked senders and add them.. done. If you're using Gmail you might have to filter straight to trash since Gmail won't let you block anyone... which is why I don't use it.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought this was going to be about Spam. I like Spam, fried with mayo on white bread.

Yeah, me too! What a disappointment :(

As for the over reaction to email, take a chill pill and block it. Then, press the "easy" button. ;)

Archived