Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 Target Shadow SA trigger too light

oteroman

This was a CZCustom gun then i had Stuart do a trigger job too when he was in CO., tbe problem is now the trigger in SA is too light a little under 2lbs., DA is just at 5lbs even. Love the DA but SA is a tad too light. I can live with it. Can i increade SA witout increasing the DA. I do not want to increade the trigger return spring if there is another option. Love the work Stu did. He did what i asked on the trigger. That was a few years ago.... It just lightened up a tad too much.

You only make one DA shot per stage. Adjust the gun to get the heavier SA pull you want and learn to live with the DA.

Options to heavy it up slightly -

Put a regular stock Trigger Return Spring in if you currently have a reduced one

Replace the Hammer spring (mainspring) with a 11.5 or 13 pound one (you probably have an 8.5 or 11.5 now)

When I first got mine it didn't have the short reset disco. There was so much pretravel and the trigger was so light that it was hard to prep the trigger without firing a shot. Shot reset disco got rid of all that take up and now I love it.

As far as adjusting the SA without affecting the DA, I put a cz sear spring in my SA only tanfo to reduce the trigger pull. I wonder what the stiffer tanfo spring would do for the cz.

Edited by freshrider