Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more mount for STI Steelmaster

Nimitz

Should be 4-40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope!! Cmore mount screws are 5-40.

You are correct typing too fast on my phone lol.

They are 5-40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thx! my usual go-to store "Ace" didn't have anything which is when I knew it had to be an odd size. Shay had told me I could order paks of 100 from Mcaster but I forgot to ak him what size ...

I like the idea of just buying a few vice a pak of 100 though ... now I need to figure the right length as the ones I have are long enough to accommodate a thumbrest and I'm replacing my thumbrest with one that doesn't mount over the C-more mounting plate

Just get the longest ones available, (3/4" usually), and cut them down. Cut them down and file to final length, (so they don't protrude and scratch up your slide.) Taking a little extra time to do it right is worth the results, and you're sure to get as much thread engagemnet in the frame as possible, as opposed to using screws that are "just long enough."

Edited by Parallax3D

you forget that my left arm has been in a cast for 4 weeks now with 2 more to go and that I have to endure incredibly painful physical therapy 4 times a day to have any hope of being able to return to the shooting abilities I had before and will likely have many more weeks of continued torturous therapy after the cast comes off and that I have not been able to shoot or even pick up a gun for 5 weeks, the emotional stress of which is beginning to spill over into all other areas of my life ..... (guilt trip ... )

you could be nice and offer to come to Florida and do it for me .... :)

Edited by Nimitz