Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MATCH ELITE barrel hitting slide

AZGUNS

My barrel is hitting the slide. If you cock it back it will hold itself open when you let go. It does this even when not loading a round. I keep getting FTF as the slide hangs on the barrel. I have no clue what to do about it. You can clearly see where its hitting the slide but I'm worried it will mess up my slide if it keeps going this way. Anyone else ever deal with this? Added some photos. The 1st one you can see where it's rubbing the 2nd photo you can see then I rack it back and let go it stops

post-60150-0-04796000-1431896668_thumb.j

post-60150-0-04488300-1431896678_thumb.j

Lube the lugs on the slide and barrel. Light grease works best for me. I also use the grease on the slide release pin where it goes through the lower lug on the ramped barrel. It may help.

You might have to take some off the bean. If it isn't releasing enough to drop out that would be the upper portion. I never had to work any of mine, someone here will give you a better idea of the fix.

Edited by Intercooler2

Are you sure this is the issue? The barrel drags on the slide normally.

Can you give us a better description of the symptoms and we can try to help you out.

it sticks back is all I can say. you feel it hit the barrel and it rubs it hard tell it stops. Then just a little touch and it will go past it and slam home.

I would agree with Nealio. Mine has the same wear on the slide there. You sure it isn't dragging on the bottom?

it sticks back is all I can say. you feel it hit the barrel and it rubs it hard tell it stops. Then just a little touch and it will go past it and slam home.

Has this happened since you first got it? How often do you lube the slot that is cut in the lug on the bottom of the barrel?

When it's stuck back like that, check that the barrel is actually what's holding it open it should be loose in the slide and frame at that position you can check by wiggling the muzzle end of the barrel.

The position it's locking open looks like the hammer may be catching on the firing pin safety