Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm cases getting under casefeed plate

Noticed that sometimes 9mm cases will work themselves under the small casefeed plate. Seems they must be getting under the plate at the point where they should be entering the tube.

Any tips on preventing this?

Noticed that sometimes 9mm cases will work themselves under the small casefeed plate. Seems they must be getting under the plate at the point where they should be entering the tube.

Any tips on preventing this?

Your casefeed plate is not seated properly in the hopper?

Make sure you don't have the large flat washer under the shell plate. I put it on top for 9's.

Yes, it's on top of the plate.

Your casefeed plate is not seated properly in the hopper?

Sure seems like it was seated properly. But for good measure, I took it off and reinstalled. Will see if that makes any difference.

Edit: Ran well for the 100 rounds I just loaded. But I also didn't get any jams at the casefeeder. I suspect jams may enlarge the gap between the plate and casefeeder by the casefeed tube and allow a case to slip under the plate.

Edited by G19

Here's an example of a case getting under the plate - it only seems to happen when a jam by the drop tube creates a bit of extra room between the casefeed body and the plate.

P1010755.jpg

Will the plate spin freely? If it will it's not seated all the way

No, the plate does not spin freely. I did have the two bolts fairly loose, so I tightened them down a bit (still allows for some clutch slippage), so maybe that will resolve the issue. Edited by G19