Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Outfit m&p pro for ESP and Limited minor

midnightson

I have 9mm pro i would like to set up for idpa esp and uspsa limited minor. So, my question is; what magwell is best, what extended (+5/6) base pads will fit it and what normal length basepads will fit the magwell? Id like to roll with this gun to either match by just changing mags? Whats the best combo? Thanks.

Btw, gun already has apex fss installed. So already not eligible for ssp or production, so not a consideration.

SSS ESP Magwell works great for both with TTI +6 extensions for Limited and Springer Precision +0 for ESP.

That's the setup I use along with a Hogue Hybrid for good rubber grip that fits with the magwell perfectly.

I would basically agree with what others have posted. SSS makes their magwells in multiple materials. You want the steel version to stay IDPA legal. I would say that you will want 5 mags minimum. 2 with TTI/TF/Arredondo +6 extensions and 3 with SSS ESP basepads. Also go ahead and grab a full-length steel guide rod to add a smidge of weight out front.

Edited by wgj3

Thanks for the input folks. There really doesn't seem to be a whole lot of options out there. But the SSS ESP has good reviews everywhere it seems. They have this market cornered for the time being. Thanks again. There goes a couple hundred bucks!!!

I got the steel ESP magwell as I was impatient and the aluminum wasn't in stock for a while. While it works well, I wish I had waited for the aluminum model as it is much smoother than the steel which I worry may eventually grind down the rear of the magazine lips.

I like the ESP Black Brass magwell with Taran Tactical Firepower base pad. I get 23 +1 in 9mm, but have had a few times where I didn't seat a full mag. I also have an LF mag release, full load of Apex parts, and Dawson sights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk