Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Went to the Gun Show yesterday

It's been a decade or so since I went to a Gun Show so I decided to go wander around one of the big ones we have around here. I needed some small bits and accessories, mainly a Glock Disassembly tool to keep in my range bag. Small Pistol Primers have also been unobtainable lately.

I got to the show and quickly ascertained that If I parked a mile away I could save a bundle and only pay 20 bucks for parking. Seems all those spots were full and I had to park further out.I excitedly rushed up to the ticket counter after my 2 mile trek from the parking lot and paid my 10 bucks to get in the door. As soon as I walked in I started to remember why it had been so long. The Mall Ninjas were out in force in their tactical operator clothing and their AR's tactically slung by their sides.It's been many years since I last attended a Ninja re-certification course. But the Ninjas would do their best to throw them selves across the isle and in front of you so you did not see the really ridiculously high prices. I wandered down the isles and low and behold I found the reason for the 22 ammo shortage nationwide. There was a seller with three tables in a row piled chest high with nothing but 22 ammo. The smallest box of 100 was at a rock bottom low price of 38.95. Sheish I remember buying a box of 100 for .39 cents when I was a kid. Didn't like it when it went to 50 cents either.

About half way through I got pretty uneasy when I saw a guy with a vaguely Muslim like beard, But then I felt better when I saw a special squad of stealth Ninjas tracking him. They had quickly donned new sports jerseys that were three sizes to big so they blended in with the thugs. The disguise worked pretty well and I could hear them remarking about how sweet this or that was. I knew the real reason they were there was to keep an eye on the stranger.

I kept walking and nearing the end I saw the Ninja Quartermaster. He was easy to spot with the full pack in front and in back on load his bearing gear. He was prepared to stay for the entire weekend no doubt. Such dedication.

On the last isle I saw it! Something so threatening it triggered me to transition to condition red, but a purple haze transitioned before my eyes and I went on fully automatic reactions. The last thing I remembered was the woefully out of date Ninja re certification date on the card in my wallet flashing before my eyes. Luckily when I came to at the car I went to the body cam footage to review what had transpired.

It seems I spotted the threat, and being woefully unprepared I quickly looked around for a squad of ninjas to assist me. Since none were around I started throwing my elbows and body weight around to neutralize the threat. Luckily I have a lot of body weight to throw around. I finally made it up to the table and got my hands on the only box of Small Pistol Primers available at the show. I quickly paid for the box and exited the area. Once away I realized I could be mugged on the way to the car with my treasure. I quickly looked for a squad of Ninjas to enlist but they were all investigating the commotion I had just caused. Oh the horror, I would have to make it to the car unassisted.

Once in the car and back to my senses I pulled out the receipt and saw the most reasonable price of $38.50. Luckily I did not throw myself on that plate of 5 Nacho's for 10 bucks. After the 20 dollar parking and the 10 buck entry fee that box of primers cost me $68.50. I think I'll go back to ordering from Bass Pro and having it shipped to the store.

Edited by Glockinator

• 4 weeks later...

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Ah, yes, the modern gun shows are nothing like what they used to be. Even just 6-7 years ago they were great. I could still find deals on guns (old Smith revos, used Glocks, $50 10/22 projects). I went to one about a year ago and it was depressing. And you hit the nail on the head with the 22s. Every box manufactured was sitting right there, at a price that made buying jewelry for the wife seem like a good deal.

hahahaha this is great. Exactly how i feel. It's usually a bunch or 20-35yr old guys with wrap-around Oakley's, Tapout/Magpul t-shirts, tattoos all over for the hardcore effect, carrying junks AR's complete with lasers and microwave ovens on the 13 rails.

• 3 weeks later...

That was too funny. It's been a few years since I went to a show. I took my son to one thinking he'd enjoy it but quickly realized they were nothing like they used to be. He was about 9 at the time and kept making fun of all the "idiots walking around trying to sell their crappy guns for twice what they were worth." I was so proud he knew the deal already but haven't been back to one since.

I stopped going to the gun shows around here a while back. I always liked the used and rare guns some tables would have. But now it seems to be nothing but a dozen guys peddling the same new guns at prices that put gander mountain to shame.

Edited for unnecessary racial comment

Youngeyes