Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rami california model

brian45acp

Just wanted to share my findings. My mission was to use a spare ccw mag as the one that normally comes with the Rami and has the grip extension sleeve over it. The problem is that mag is a 14 rounder and I am in cali. I emailed CZ saying that I figured the 14 round mag ws from the p-01 and just had the sleeve over it. Could I then use my 10 round p-01 mag just the same and add the sleeve. I was told no that the Rami mags are all to their own. There is also a guy selling the pearce floor plates from an XD slightly modified to work on the Rami flush fit mags allowing the pinky to make in on. I didnt realize XD mags were basically the same as CZ in dimensions.

Well, I got my Rami Friday and snuck in a few mags worth between stages at the match yesterday. I used my p-01 10 round mags and it worked just fine. My thoughts were that the CZ full size down to subcompact is just like Glock. A 17 mag works in a 19 and a 26 etc. So now I need to go order the extension and be sure it fits on the mag which I dont see why it wouldnt.

The one thing I do want change internally is the trigger return spring. I emailed CZC to ask which spring may work and I will just have to do some research on how to change it out. The reset is just a slight bump and not a solid feel at all. I also wanted to confirm that the sights arent directional and if they need to be removed and installed from a specific side.

I will say that I am impressed with this little gun so far. I can shoot it better then my shield and figured that out right away. I still need to spend a bit more time on it but so far I love it.

Edited by brian45acp

The 14 round P-01 or compact magazines are the same mag body, but it has a different base plate on the 2075 Rami along with the grip sleeve. That is the only difference.

Jason

I don't understand what u are saying. So the mag for the rami which has the sleeve isn't the same mag as to p-01? I figured they just slid that sleeve over it to take up the gap.

I know the mag inserts and runs just fine. Just not sure if the sleeve will fit the p-01 10 round mag. I

Hope it does

It is the same. The base pad on a Rami extended mag is different than one that comes with a compact. The Rami one is thicker so there is not a little gap. If you just slide the grip sleeve over a standard P-01/compact mag there is a small gap.

That was pretty sweet watching you shoot the rami at the end of that stage Brian. We definitely confirmed that an sp01 mag will fit, you just have a ginormous gap. Are you just looking to eliminate the gap between the bottom of the frame and the mag baseplates?

I only got to run 30 rounds that day before the next squad came. I ran about 200 this weekend though. I have no issue shooting it with the stock flush mag and pinky off the bottom so I am not going to mess with it. CZ did tell me to only use the Rami mags and this weekend I had a nose dive with the compact mag so I am not planning on using anything but the Rami mags.I think what may have happened is with no sleeve over the extended mag pressure from my hand caused the mag to crook enough for a failure. The guys here say the Rami mags have a thicker base plate which work with the sleeve extension so if I use that sleeve on the compact mag there will still be a gap.

The gun shoot so accurate and I love it. It is even more picky on ammo and now I am needing to tweak my 1050 to produce ammo with no bulge around the base of the bullet. I had a few that wouldnt chamber and when checked on sp-01 they did the same so its the ammo for sure. I think under normal operating the sp-o1 long slide travel was hammering the round into the chamber but on the rami the slide stroke is so short its less forgiving. With a box of factory ammo and about 40 duty rounds the Rami had no issues.

I shoot the Rami so much easier then the shield so I plan to kick the shield off the permit. I just ordered a 75 compact because I like it retains the steel frame. I plan for it to be my main ccw and the Rami for when more concealment is needed.

Edited by brian45acp