Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Armament M4-72 Compensator

BigBets

Just wanted to chime in after seeing another test of several comps regarding recoil reduction and this one took the win again. I ordered one, put it on my PWS 16" piston gun, zero'd it, and took it to the 3 Gun Nation Southern Regional where I was able to pull off the match win. This thing is small, fairly quiet, and just plain works!!!

Interested to see others input on it. It certainly worked for me!!!

m4-72_zpsrztarqho.jpg

Where is the cheapest place to purchase?

Believe Ranier Arms has it for $85.49 which is $4.50 less than PA's price.

On a separate note, has anyone compared this brake with the Dynamic Resistance brake?

Am wondering if I would gain anything, except a bit of weight and length by switching. Would be great if someone with experience with both would chime in.

Edited by mpom

Mine will be in tomorrow. It will be interesting to compare it with the “Amazon” brake I bought after the last test.

BTW the Mi/LE price from Precision $71 and change.

I didn't know they offered Mil/LE pricing so even better. I just ordered two more and I hear a 308 version is also in the works. I have been very impressed to say the least!!!

I just noticed that you are not supposed to use a crush washer with it. Has anyone installed one with a crush washer? I wanted to get it on before this weekend’s 2 gun match.

I just installed it with a crush washer, that’s all I had, and it and it seems to work fine. No bullet strikes. This thing is loud and the blast comes straight back to the shooter. It also seems to be very effective.

Personally, I didn't like my M4-72. I used PA's Accu-washer set, but I never could get it tuned to my liking. YMMV.

I went back to the Miculek comp and like it much better, for half the cost. I've been meaning to try a Titan comp, but haven't gotten around to it.