Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to CZ's: 75a vs 75b parts compatability

raptor347

Hi All,

So I just inherited a '91 production CZ-75A and I have to say it's the best feeling pistol I've ever held. It fits my hand better than my xdm's or 1911's even with the old plastic grips. I'm a bit disappointed that I hadn't handled one before now. If it shoots as well as it fits there's going to be another CZ convert.

It doesn't look like it's ever been fired, but the exterior is beat up from years of rattling around. I've got it cleaned up and lubed to go shoot this weekend but it didn't have a mag with it.

So here come the questions:

Do 75b mags work?

What about other 75b parts? (triggers, hammers, safety levers etc)

Since it didn't cost anything, I figure it's a good candidate for a cleaning up and upgrades. Low budget projects are fun.

The 75 Pre B does not have a firing pin block, whereas the 75B does. I believe you'll have to have a gunsmith mill the slide if you ever want to change the front sight on the Pre B. The Pre B safety detent is very different from the 75B (be prepared to spend a while re-assembling the Pre B safety if you ever take it apart, it can be a royal pain). A lot of internal parts should work, but you might need a Cajun Gun Works sear spacer if you use a 75B sear. It's been a while since I owned a Pre B, and I wasn't as familiar with CZ's then as I am now, so I can't remember much else.

Edited by TennJeep1618

I have a 91 also. it is a sweet pistol for sure. The B mags can work but some mods to the magwell has to be done.

As far as the sights they suck. I want to get the front sight milled out to fit a dove tail and the rear sight dovetail needs to be a hair wider to accept a new rear sight. so if anyone knows where to get this done please let me know.