Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P gear questions

Does everyone shoot factory magazines or is there a good aftermarket mag out there? What about magazine extensions, TTI or TF, others possibly? Also does anyone have any recommendations for magwells? Leaning towards a 10-8, but that's strictly on how it looks, considering others, what's good, plastic alum. or brass? Thanks everyone

I have both TF and TTI mag extensions. They both work great and I haven't had any problems with them. TF is the only one who makes a 170mm (28 rds 9mm), my 140mm TTI's hold 23 compared to 22 for the TF. I use Speed Shooter Specialties Limited aluminum magwell on my Open gun and the ESP magwell on another gun that I used in IDPA ESP. I only use factory mag tubes, I've tried a couple of aftermarket ones and found they make better targets than they do magazines. :roflol:

ESP magwell

i-PXvDKkx.jpg

Limited magwell

i-RfL7KZB.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I use factory mags in mine and TF extensions with no problems. The factory mags are cheap enough for me not to look for aftermarket. Don't fix what aint broke.

I prefer the TTI because I can get 23 rounds of 9mm in them (vs 22 in the TF), also the TTI disassembles without any tools. I've never had any problems with the TF (and have put a couple of seasons on them). It's just that I like the TTI a little bit better.