Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster and mag pouches: Glock 34 need it quick

Honeybooboo

I just scheduled a class with a USPSA guy next week to get me started in production class with my gen 4 34. My gun is set up already but I don't have a holster or mag pouches. What's are some good holsters and mag pouches that are in stock that can ship quickly? Also, what about a belt. I have a wilderness instructor belt coming for EDC that could work temporarily but I'd prefer to have a dedicated gamer belt. Thanks.

I use bladetech doh holster with asr loop for all my glocks, and then bladetech with teklok for mag pouches. double alpha inner/outer belts work good for me. comptac is another popular brand but I haven't tried them.

in the 2011 uspsa production equipment survey I just found (you can look for a more current one), bladetech had 65% of holsters, safariland 11% and comptac 5%

go to dawson precision and grab the BT drop offset, 5 DAA racer pouces and a DAA belt. so later all you have to do to shoot a different gun is change the holster and inserts in the pouches. if you get gun specific pouches you will need to buy new ones for other models

Dawson ships quickly

Edited by Sandbagger123

CPWSA ships fast fast fast and has everything you need in stock...Ready Tactical holster and mag pouches are the way to go IMHO. Super simple, no bolts, screws and the like that always seem to come undone and the most inopportune time.

CPWSA ships fast fast fast and has everything you need in stock...Ready Tactical holster and mag pouches are the way to go IMHO. Super simple, no bolts, screws and the like that always seem to come undone and the most inopportune time.

The DOH holster? Looks nice and they have a couple in stock. Is DOH typically preferred over a belt holster?

I started not too long ago with the blade tech DOH holster. if I started again I would have bought the Ben stoeger BOSS holster from the start instead of adding the hanger later.

Question with the DAA belt. I think I'm going to order the Ready Tactical holster and mag pouches from CPWSA. I like the simplicity. They only have 2 mag pouches but that'll do for right now until they get more back in stock.

But with the Belt CPWSA says to order your pants size. I wear a 36-38 depending on the brand. When I ordered my belt from Wilderness they said to measure your waist and get the actual size. I'm 40-41". So I ordered a 41" belt. Do I order a 38 or 40" belt for the DAA?

The dropped offset (DOH) holsters are much more popular as they make the draw a little more natural and fluid. In regards to belt sizes it never hurts to have a little more overlap. There's threads and threads on sizing for those darn belts.....you'll be in surrounded by Velcro either way. Good luck!

My issue with the Blade Tech is they have a ton of different mount options and there's no description of how they differ. For the Black Ice holster (which seems to be the one to get for USPSA from what I can tell) they have an adjustable paddle, adjustable sting ray loop, DOS 3", DOS adjustable stingray, DOS teklok, and teklok. What does everyone use? The DOS adjustable stingray?

I like teklock, it holds firm when locked on my belt but I can easily unlock it and adjust or rerearrange things. Its got several screw positions so you can attach your holster at the cant you want.

In a dropped offset setup you have 3 peices: the holster, the drop offset peice, and the teklock (or whatever attachment you choose). I assume the DOS prefix on some of those attachment options refers to whether it come with the drop offset peice.

Ok I switched it up. I think I'm doing a Blade Tech DOH Sting Ray and DAA belt from Dawson. Brownells has the single Blade Tech mag pouches with the teklok, I think. Their description sucks. Dawson says they have the ambidextrous Blade Tech mag pouches but BT doesn't make them ambidextrous. They are either RH or LH. Plus, they only have one. So I'm ordering the mag pouches from Brownells and hopefully they are right.

Just remember if you use a TecLok or other attachment means with the DOH, the pistol may become illegal in USPSA...it might set it out away from your body too much. See appx D item 10 for details.

Stoeger sells a blade tech holster combo with his BOSS hanger that's a great setup. If it's in stock they will ship quickly. They also sell the ghost 360 pouches in various colors.

I already ordered a Blade Tech DOH stingray mount holster from Dawson with a DAA belt. If the DOH on that sucks though I'll try a BOSS hanger.

I still need mag pouches though. Gotta check out the Ghost 360 ones. The DAA Race Masters look sick. Ben has adapters for those for glock mags.

I have both the ghost and DAA pouches. Go DAA. if your order at dawson has not processed call them up and add them to save shipping. The adapter should be free for glocks from DAA for the asking

If you don't mind me asking, why do you prefer the daa pouches over the ghost 360 pouches?

I have both the ghost and DAA pouches. Go DAA. if your order at dawson has not processed call them up and add them to save shipping. The adapter should be free for glocks from DAA for the asking

If you don't mind me asking, why do you prefer the daa pouches over the ghost 360 pouches?

no problem. The adjustable retention on the DAA is great compared to the plastic arms used on the ghost. the 2 white plastic screws they use to adjust for width are just lame IMHO. they could have at least designed real spacers,

Do you have the Race Masters or the Racers?

Do you have the Race Masters or the Racers?

i have the racers. not much different except for the ball pivot and material. i have lots of freinds with the RM and have played with them a bit. Go the racers and you will be good.

Racemaster pouches are the best on the market but they are overkill for Production in my opinion. I use them in Open but you can buy two good pouches for the price of one RM. I use the KISS principle for Production when it comes to gear. CR speed belt, BT DOH, and Ready Tactical pouches.

There is not a single problem with the DOH hanger.

As far as where to get gear, whenever I see the word "quick" in a post, Shooters connection comes to mind. Plus, their prices are unbeatable once you factor in the Benos forum discount.

Racemaster pouches are the best on the market but they are overkill for Production in my opinion. I use them in Open but you can buy two good pouches for the price of one RM. I use the KISS principle for Production when it comes to gear. CR speed belt, BT DOH, and Ready Tactical pouches.

There is not a single problem with the DOH hanger.

As far as where to get gear, whenever I see the word "quick" in a post, Shooters connection comes to mind. Plus, their prices are unbeatable once you factor in the Benos forum discount.

I like KISS for most things. I keep going back to those ready tactical mag pouches. CPWSA only has two though. But should be enough to get me through my first lesson. They have a bunch of the offset ones but I don't think I would like that. I dunno. How is retention?