Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P09 vs SP01

AdamMP9

Hey guys , like I have said in my previous posts I am currently considering building my SP01 to shoot production . I do have a " cajunized " P09 that I enjoy quite a bit but I guess my question is , is it really worth it to build a stock SP01 up ?

Don't get me wrong , it's certainly a proven platform but my concern is will there be any real advantage over the P09 once I have this thing done ? I'm sure these questions have been answered 100 times over but I'm switching over from striker guns and I LOVE my cz's so bare with me guys lol .

Ford vs. Chevy

Apple vs. Microsoft

Tastes Great vs. Less Filling

You are asking the light vs. heavy question.

Both are super accurate, both have the availability of good sights.

Choosev what works for your style of shooting.

Both my P-09's ( 1 tuned at home using CGW parts, 1 tuned by CGW) are amazing.

I think the P-09 is the best gun to start with in Production.

There is no measurable benefit to the Sp01 over the P09 unless you LIKE a heavier gun.

Mechanically, an accushadow is more accurate than a P09 but for most humans and specifically humans playing our game, that "advantage" is marginal.

Ive posted this video a few times already but i believe its helped a few people.

Edited by Magsz

Do you reload? If not I would say buy a dillon instead. Thats what I did based on the advice of other members here. No matter what you shoot, someone will out shoot you...

Reload, shoot more, get better

FWIW Z told me his P-09 may be more accurate than his SP-01

I sure wish they had made the P-09 to take the same mags as the SP-01, I would love to get a P-09 as back-up to my SP-01 (or vice-versa). If they used the same mags that would be perfect.

Eric

I sure wish they had made the P-09 to take the same mags as the SP-01, I would love to get a P-09 as back-up to my SP-01 (or vice-versa). If they used the same mags that would be perfect.

Eric

Truth. I took an SP-01 mag to the LGS to confirm what others' had said. If it had fit I would have bought the P09 on the spot.

Do you reload? If not I would say buy a dillon instead. Thats what I did based on the advice of other members here. No matter what you shoot, someone will out shoot you...

Reload, shoot more, get better

FWIW Z told me his P-09 may be more accurate than his SP-01

My P09's are more accurate than my SP01's but i am 99% certain that an accushadow would um...over shadow a P09 in the accuracy department.

The only issue with a Cajunized P-09 is the CGW hammer is illegal in USPSA Production. I doubt any RO would be able to tell the difference. Not sure if CZ makes a OEM comp hammer that works with the P-09 or if the stock hammer is good enough with the legal cajun upgrades that you can do. If you where working with a budget I would buy a P-09 over any of the other plastic gun. I am also of the school spend more money on ammo and practice, practice, practice.

Stuart at CZC is competing in USPSA with a P-09 he customized.

Edited by brisix

I like them. I would like to see the Custom Shop come out with a competition one. Maybe like the XDM 5.25. Longer match barrel, lightened slide, adjustable sights, fiber optic front and better trigger and hammer. I like the FDE frame also.

I like them. I would like to see the Custom Shop come out with a competition one. Maybe like the XDM 5.25. Longer match barrel, lightened slide, adjustable sights, fiber optic front and better trigger and hammer. I like the FDE frame also.

Cajun Gunworks can do all of that minus the longer barrel. The P-09 is already super accurate so I don't see a benefit of a longer match barrel. Have David source the magwell, mag extension, spring and follower from CZC and you have 40cal 21rnd limited gun. CGW could probable cut the slide to fit the LPA adjustable slide and lightened the slide if you want.

You can also get the same mag parts from CZC and have a 24rnd 9mm awesome low cost 3gun setup.

Edited by brisix

Cajun Gunworks can do all of that minus the longer barrel. The P-09 is already super accurate so I don't see a benefit of a longer match barrel. Have David source the magwell, mag extension, spring and follower from CZC and you have 40cal 21rnd limited gun. CGW could probable cut the slide to fit the LPA adjustable slide and lightened the slide if you want.

You can also get the same mag parts from CZC and have a 24rnd 9mm awesome low cost 3gun setup.

I was thinking for Production.

I was thinking for Production.

CZ doesn't have a custom shop to produce a production legal P-09 with those specs. I would still put a Production legal Cajunized P-09 over any XDM.

My experience is that they are completely different platforms. Different grips, dufferent trigger reach, I didn't find them cross compatible. The P series grip is just to thin for my hands. I run stock rubber grips on the SP01.

My experience is that they are completely different platforms. Different grips, dufferent trigger reach, I didn't find them cross compatible. The P series grip is just to thin for my hands. I run stock rubber grips on the SP01.

Yes the P09 is a slim gun in width but from front to back, you can customize your trigger reach and by stretching out your hand, reduce that lack of volume feel. I ran the large backstraps on my guns and to me, they felt very similar to my Glock 17's despite being a hair thinner and more rounded off in the front strap and beavertail area.