Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This almost escaped my calendar, but I saw the article on Shooting USA.

Registration is working now and I just got done signing up. Changes my luggage plans, but I was going to be there anyway so this was perfect timing.

I'm hoping to get four stages done on Thursday. That will leave us a bit extra for the shootoff and awards on Friday night after last shot fired.

So we are looking at Friday night awards instead of Saturday night concurrent with the Magpul shoot? That's important to know, as it will save me a night of hotel!

Edited by CJW

Light sticks are required to be worn by anyone in the shooting area on the front and the back of the belt. It's an added safety measure at night so we don't have to shine a big light down range and blind everyone to make sure we are clear down range. Light sticks will be provided to all competitors. We'll also have enough extra if you're bringing a spouse, caddy, gun bearer, shoulder to cry on.

The furthest shot is around 200 or less. I want to say 170 ish but it might be a bit further. It will be possible to hit even if your light doesn't reach that far.

Awards are Friday night after last shot fired. There won't be any Starlight related activities on Saturday. Last minute change I just found out about two days ago. Sorry.

Talked to Cole. Independence range will be available for sight in. All competitors need to follow the usual public range rules. Chamber flags, cases all that stuff

Also the range is requiring chamber flags for all long guns. I know it's short notice. If you have them, bring them. If you already left or don't have them we should have some available here.

The match has been a lot of fun so far. I have never been to a 3 Gun Match that has a live band playing at it.

Here is some video from Stage 2. Coming from shooting Production division I might get a little carried away when I am allowed to use my 45 round PMAG.

I had an absolute blast at this match. Outside of a little bit of flashlight and pistol practice, this is really the first time I have tried night shooting; I haven't had this much fun shooting since the first 3-Gun match I did.

Chuck, thanks so much for putting this on, and I can't wait to do it again. Also, kudos to Timney for their support; it's going to feel wrong the next time I shoot a match and there's no band playing! Oh, and that prize table would have been impressive for a match twice the size.

:cheers: