Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

As soon as you have the schedule for check-in/shooters meeting, I'd love to have it. Looking to plan my travel.

Don't have exact times yet but check in will be during the afternoon on Thursday. Shooters meetIng will be around 6:30 PM Thrusday night. Awards are evening time on Saturday. I'll post the exact times when we get them but hope that's close enough for travel plans.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck, I am actually (despite my better judgement :) ) thinking about doing both matches that weekend. Do you have any idea of how that would work out as far as scheduling? It would be nice to know that there would actually be enough slack in the schedule to (1) sleep and (2) eat while trying to do both Starlight and World Shoot...

Short answer is shoot both. I'm shooting the WSC, so nothing is happening till I'm there anyway. And anyone who has seen me knows I haven't missed a meal. The directors of the WSC are working with our shooters to ensure they get their preferred squad schedule. I can't remember what I figured would be better but I'll look at their schedule again. I know some folks a worried about shooting both based on past CTC matches. Think of Starlight as CTC light, at least in terms of late nights. We're starting a couple hours earlier, and have less stages. I'm expecting to be off the range by about 11:00-11:30 each night. It's a short drive back to the hotels also so this shouldn't be anywhere as bad of an ass kicker as CTC was.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone point me to a thread on what to lights and/or lasers work best for this?

Guess the biggest question is going to be laser versus dot for various guns.

Can anyone point me to a thread on what to lights and/or lasers work best for this?

Guess the biggest question is going to be laser versus dot for various guns.

Lasers work best on all guns out to about 20-25 yards. After that distance the lasers wiggle too much and keeping them in target at speed isn't as easy as a red dot.

I used to just use lights on the shotgun but after shooting with BJ last fall at the Walking Dead match and seeing him crush it with a laser mounted on top of his Mossberg receiver I plan to have one on there too. I'll prolly have it drilled and tapped for a small pic rail and put the lowest laser I can find up there.

Here is a video I did for Optics Planet at last years night match. Bear in mind that Streamlight sponsors me so overkill on lights/lasers is what I do.

http://youtu.be/IC2qDQaAlJ4

Jesse, how is the TRL-1 for long range stuff? The price looks to be very good.

TLR-1 HP is the way to go for long range. I could see/hit 10" white steel at 300 using one light and a Swarovski Z6i scope. I'd bet I could see/hit out to 400.

I doubt we get anything past 200 yards at this match.

I still haven't tried the new TRL-1 HPL. I bet it burns targets inside 100.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

• 1 month later...

Chuck,

Any round count estimates yet?

Max 71 SG, 154 Pistol, 95 Rifle.

Shoot off 10 pistol, 8 SG, 7 rifle/per run.

These are the maximum rounds per gun. Many targets are optional which gun to engage with.

Still sorting some things out for the Bonus stage so that might change a bit.

Chuck,

Any round count estimates yet?

Max 71 SG, 154 Pistol, 95 Rifle.

Shoot off 10 pistol, 8 SG, 7 rifle/per run.

These are the maximum rounds per gun. Many targets are optional which gun to engage with.

Still sorting some things out for the Bonus stage so that might change a bit.

What's the deal with the shoot off?

• 2 weeks later...

Registration is not working at this time and of course I find this out at the last minute.........

Double checked and the registration system is still open. There is space in the match so consider yourself in. Just get registered when PS will let you or come find me on registration day.

Sent this out to registered shooters but if anyone else is thinking about coming and hasn't signed up here's the info.

Just wanted to send everyone an update on the Starlight 3 Gun since we are closing in on our first event. Keep an eye on the website, www.starlight3gun.com. I'll have the rules and schedule up there soon.

Round count for the match is a maximum of 71 rounds shotgun, 154 pistol and 95 rifle. There are many targets that can be taken with different guns so the round counts are based on taking all the shots possible with each gun.

We'll be shooting six stages over two nights. We had a few last minute changes which is why I delayed, hopefully not too long, getting this out to you. Everyone needs to be on site for a mandatory shooters meeting at 6:45 PM on Thursday, September 24. We'll have the meeting at the stage for the venue so I can use the PA if needed since I have a delicate little voice. This will be on the Liberty Range at Peacemaker National Training Center. Registration will be on Thursday afternoon between 12 PM and 5 PM. If you can't make it to registration, that's fine, but please try because it will speed the night up greatly.

I'm hoping to get four stages done on Thursday. That will leave us a bit extra for the shootoff and awards on Friday night after last shot fired.

The Shootoff is sponsored by SIG and will be using their firearms and ammo. Only the best 5 shooters from the match will be invited to the shootoff to compete for a large cash prize. The winner of that shootoff will not be eligible to walk the prize table, but all other competitors will walk in order of finish.

I will be completing squadding this week. If you have any requests, please let me know by Wednesday. That will help speed things up during registration.

That's all for now. If you have any questions, please email me (and if I don't respond that day, it got buried and give me another try)

Thanks,

Chuck Anderson

Match Director

Starlight 3 Gun.

Chuck@andersontactical.com