Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First time owning a Glock ... Trigger upgrade question

IntenseImage

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ... We load CCI so can't go super light on striker. Will be giving you a call soon

I am running CCI primers with a LW lightened striker and 4.5 spring with no issues so far.

The striker used in my system is used with a 4lb spring and I only load CCI primers and have no issues

So I'm back in the market, everything I read on the trusted Enos Forum, says don't waste your money on Zev Fulcrum group (even though it has excellent reviews) but go with the DK Custom Trigger Group. Can any one explain the differences between the two and what you are specifically getting or not getting. I have read the spec sheets and everyone says they make a after market trigger that feels like a 1911 (not). I am really interested in your opinion on the feel.

Thx

I continue on my search for a good alternative to the production Glock trigger. There is a lot more to it than getting the lowest lbs on the trigger pull or buying the perfect drop in trigger group (impossible). I like tinkering so over time I may build my own group. One very informative conversation I had was with Mr. Johnny "Glocks". This gentleman spent a great deal of time with me and had some outstanding points about modifying Glock trigger groups. The conversation was well worthwhile and all I can say is that not all springs are created equal even though they look the same. As far as connectors and the shape of the trigger bars/connectors go there is some serious voodoo going on here, far more than meets the eye. So buyer beware and IMO there is no such thing as a 0.25 cent trigger job no matter what you see on utube. And BTW call Johnny for advice but make sure you have some time on hand and you are clear about your objectives. This trigger group tinkering can easily turn into an obsession and its great to have someone like Dr. Johnny Glocks to bounce ideas off of.

This is interesting because I personally speak with Every shooter that I build a group for as well as keep performance/function records,safety records,and configuration&calibration notes for possible reorders.I don'the have you Adam in any of my data bases. which means you are either being dishonest when you stated you have"tried them all" or you got a group of mine 2nd hand. In which case I did not build it for you specifically. so maybe you can explain your claim? Plus I have 3 different generations of triggers out there now. First was the boss 2nd the level1-3 for edc/ccw and Comp beyond now I have my NEXT GENERATION. So which trigger group was in your Glock?

Edited by BigBoss

You may want to check with Charlie Vanek about the availability of his Super trigger kits. I've checked a few times on his website and the Super kit has been out of stock for a considerable time now. The Vanek Classic GM kit with adjustable pre-travel is in stock or at least that is what the website shows. It might pay to talk to Charlie about the difference.

+1

charlies great and easy to deal with and makes the best triggers you'll love it

I tried the ZEV Fulcrum at a gun shop and it was ok but given all the press I honestly expected more. I have not tried the DK maybe I will someday. I am going to focus on building my own group and I am also going to purchase a custom kit that is fitted to my specific goals.

To you consumers and newer shooters or intermediate shooters like me this can all be overwhelming. In the end its about you, your sight picture your grip and your training a great trigger group will help but not solve all your problems. I know a Master level shooter that uses a production G17 stock with production trigger parts that are polished, 3.5 glock connector otherwise no changes to springs etc. I tried his G17 and hated it. Mushy trigger break, long pre-travel and long reset. I know another C-D level new shooter who loves tinkering with things and has great mechanical aptitude and he polished all his production Glock parts and inserted a Ghost Rocket connector and after a very long day of filing and polishing he got it a short reset, short pre-travel and a very clean break. I was very impressed.

The other thing is that is not discussed is durability and reliability but that is a whole other subject.

I don't compete with Glocks, but my trigger jobs on most of my Glocks are: 3.5 lb trigger connector, 6 lb trigger spring, metal parts polish themselves in just the right places from lots of shooting. If you do more than that, I believe you are wasting your time and money. But your time and money is yours, do what you want with it.

You can spend a lot of dough buying the fancy trigger kits in pursuit of the sweet trigger, but it's still a Glock and the basic trigger architecture has to be a certain way, and you are likely to feel you wasted your money. A Glock trigger feel like a 1911 trigger? Not gonna happen.

I've left my G20 trigger unmodified, so it is around 5.5 lbs. It wouldn't be nice for competing, but I find if I can shoot warm 10mm with that trigger, and be pretty accurate, I have my grip and trigger press basics down pretty good. It's a good training tool. Of course I have to go back to the 1911 and re-acquaint, but that transition is always a pleasure.

Edited by GunBugBit