Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First time owning a Glock ... Trigger upgrade question

IntenseImage

For the past few years I have shot M&Ps almost exclusively. This past weekend I decided it was time to add a Glock to the safe and picked up a 35 Gen 4. This will be a USPSA Limited gun and potentially used for 3Gun with a 9 conversion barrel.

I have been doing a lot of reading about upgrades and haven't yet seen an answer to this question ...

Is there a Glock trigger upgrade out there that would give me a very similar feel to the Apex FSS kit for the M&P?

I am thinking Vanek Super or a JohnnyGlock job may be it, but wanted to check in with those who have more experience with them

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot go wrong with either of your choices. The Johnny Glock pick is more versatile because of the many different choices you can make with his personal service but either one would be a great choice. I have both and they are both excellent trigger systems.

You may want to check with Charlie Vanek about the availability of his Super trigger kits. I've checked a few times on his website and the Super kit has been out of stock for a considerable time now. The Vanek Classic GM kit with adjustable pre-travel is in stock or at least that is what the website shows. It might pay to talk to Charlie about the difference.

A lot can be done with the stock trigger, if you're mechanically incline, and is comfortable working on the trigger bar. No need to drill anything to install adjustment screws.

Bending the trigger spring arm, outward, can reduce the pre-travel. This allows the trigger arm to hit the housing sooner, thus less travel. Will need to modify the "safety" ledge on the back of the trigger.

Would also need to mod the safety plunger tab to allow the plunger to engage properly.

I'd also recommend taking a look at the DK Custom Triggers. I have one and it's been 100% reliable and feels fantastic. I've been through 3 other fairly expensive triggers from other makers that felt almost as nice, but all of them had reliability problems.

Well ... Super is off the list:

From Vanek: Some of the parts I use for the Super Trigger Kit are not available anymore. I have a few built now using some different parts and the trigger is OK but the trigger break seems a little mushy (too me) and has a little longer reset. I’m thinking about dropping the Super completely since all it offers is reduced pre-travel and the Classic is the better trigger all around with customers that don’t have a problem with pre-travel.

I sent you a PM. My new NEXT GENERATION GROUPS have some amazing refinements and over a year of solid R&D. These Custom groups are mechanically flawless, functionally reliable, and consistently predictable. If your looking for no "MUSH" how does 1/16th wall to glass rod break travel with matching 1/16th reset sound- did I mention 2.25# break weight with a 4.5# striker spring and if your a Federal only loader 2# with the 4# striker spring. Even though I love Glock think of it this way a Lotus turbo engine dropped into a Chevy. Check your messages my friend

Edited by BigBoss

I've got a zev in mine and like it a lot. It's helped me but may not be for you. It's lighter pull than the apex I think but the apex has a more positive reset in my limited handling of the apex equipped m&p

I like the EDGE trigger from glocktriggers.com

ran right out of the box...about 3.5# trigger (guestimate...), adjustable pre-travel and over-travel, & breaks like glass

Pre travel in the edge used to set not adjustable. Did the change that recently?

I have the zev connector and spring kit in my gen 4 19. Polished up some of the internals and it's great. Same deal with my gen 4 34 open build but that trigger is even better since a gunsmith had really worked on it. I had the Glocktriggers edge kit for a while in a gen 3 34. Was decent, but the zev ultimate was better. Will be trying a dk kit next once I get another glock to put it in

• 5 weeks later...

I have shot with a glocktrigger.com in competition for about a year. I like the reset, but the pre travel is long and break is still mushy. So I bought a OC drop in trigger group which has a pretravel adjustment and a reset adjustment. I'm not that happy with it. There is somewhat of a cleaner break (but its still not great) compared to the glocktriggers group but the reset sucks its longer than I would like. I have a call into OC to see what I'm doing wrong.

So I'm at a match and I try a guys G34 gen 4 and he put in something call a ghost connector/group and said he filed the sh&t out of this and that. Boy was that thing is clean the break was so sharp and the rest was excellent. So there has to be a way.

So I'm back in the market, everything I read on the trusted Enos Forum, says don't waste your money on Zev Fulcrum group (even though it has excellent reviews) but go with the DK Custom Trigger Group. Can any one explain the differences between the two and what you are specifically getting or not getting. I have read the spec sheets and everyone says they make a after market trigger that feels like a 1911 (not). I am really interested in your opinion on the feel.

Thx