Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sighting in a 90 degree mount

KustomHolsters

I am having trouble sighting the c more in in my new open gun i am still shooting left and it seems like i have ran out of adjustment. Have any of you experienced this? Also, when my gunsmith put the mount on he wanted to use 6-40 screws instead of the 5-40s i had. The screws got mixed up and he put some of the 5-40s in in accedent. There is only 3 out of the 5 screws in it now, the others fell out while trying to sight it in. Could this be making it wander?

Thanks

check that all the screws are tight. replaced the 2 missing screws. make sure the mount is centering evently on the countersunk holes and make sure the cmore itself is centered and secured properly to the mount. I cannot see why you'd run out of windage (normally elevation on a upright) unless something is drastically wrong. cmores have boatloads of adjustment.

Did he alter anything else besides the hole standards?

A couple of statements in that post really having me scratching my head about that gunsmith.

Edited by fmj3

Something definitely sounds funny! I just switched my C-More from a vertical offset mount to a 90 degree, and even with that, I had pleny of adjustment. Upon shooting the first group after making the switch, the dot was low and right. (POA was at the head, and POI was just right of the right shoulder, so about 6" low and 8"-10" right.) I don't think I made even a HALF turn on ANY of the adjustment screws to bring it back on target.

At the risk of sounding redundant. Check the mount, check the screws, check the gunsmith. If all is working as it should you should never be even a full turn out of adjustment. I've installed brand new scopes and/or mounts and been 2-3" off at most.

Apart from confusing us with reversed windage and elevation the great part of the sideways mount is if you ever find yourself stuck in a late 90s Hollywood gang movie when you turn you gun sideways to go full gangsta your cmore is now upright and can now be easily adjusted to give the proper lead you need for the upcoming driveby scene.

Yes my cmore is sideways too. :blush:

Ps what was the problem?

I got the other screws in the mount and started being alittle more gental when adjusting the c-more. Man those things are sensitive, they make you so mad you just want to start cranking on it and you over adjust it.

Thanks

Dont be confused when adjusting a sideways slideride. Heres how I do it.

Be aware of your hand w/ the screw driver, where it is as you turn the adjustment dials. The POI will move TOWARDS that hand if it turns CLOCKWISE and AWAY from it if COUNTER CLOCKWISE. Say youre hitting 9:00, with the pistol, you naturally should adjust the screw thats oriented left-right (previously elev. screw). Note your hand with the driver on the right of the pistol when positioned to turn the screw. You want POI to move to the right TOWARDS your hand so turn it CLOCKWISE. If POI is 6:00 and you want to move it upwards you turn the screw at the bottom ( previously windage) COUNTER CLOCKWISE so POI moves upwards or AWAY from your hand.

I just remember CLOCKWISE = POI goes TOWARDS my hand. COUNTERCLOCKWISE = POI goes AWAY from my hand.

Hope this helps. By d way my sliderides are all UPRIGHTs and I use the same guidelines :)

Edited by BoyGlock

I got the other screws in the mount and started being alittle more gental when adjusting the c-more. Man those things are sensitive, they make you so mad you just want to start cranking on it and you over adjust it.

Thanks

Get a laser boresighter. It will allow you to make adjustments and see the dot move so you can learn how things work. I have found that adjusting the dot with about 15 yards of space gets you very close. I make only minor tweaks at the range. It is also a handy way to see if something has moved. Save some ammo and frustration! It will allow you to check the gun zero back at the hotel.

Later,

Chuck