Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Franchi instinct Sporting opinions

OneIfByShotgun

Looking to getting into shooting 5 stand and skeet at one of the local clubs, and hopefully some sporting clays once in a while at a place that is a little further away.

Can find info on the Instinct SL and L, but not finding much on the Sporting model. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, looking at Beretta SP1 Sporting or Browning Crossover Target. No shortage of info on those.

Hello: Find the one that fits you. If it does not fit you look at something different. You may also want to look at the Fabarm Axis as well. Barrel length is a personal thing but I would look at a 30" or 32" if the barrels are light. Shotgun World may be a place to look for info on the Franchi. Thanks, Eric

Thanks for the response. I realize opinions don't matter if the gun doesn't fit. Just looking to see if anyone has any general thoughts on it as I can't find much info out there right now. I posted on SGW as well. Thanks for the tip on the Axis. I'll have to look into it.

• 6 months later...

Personally, I think the SP1 sporting is one of the best buys out there in the shotgun world right now.

But you will most likely need to have the stock shortened but a little bit unless you are 6'2" or taller! Beretta usually sends a little extra wood on their stocks for the end user to adjust.

As others have said, it doesn't really matter what we say if the gun doesn't fit. So try and shoulder all of them if you can!