Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

May 2015 practice

38supPat

Hmm, seems fine on mine but then I know what was said lol

It was all hat cam so maybe not the best way to do it

LOL, might be my laptop, sometimes i cant get it as loud as i want. What cam are you using? if it is a go pro are you using the open back? Sorry, i just know you have some good info there and want to hear what you have to say. I should probably just find a pair of headphones if it is working fine on your end, probably just me

Pat > I think that you are hobbling yourself a little bit in the practice of this Area 2 stage. Using shooting boxes to define the proper locations to shoot from completely changes the shooting/movement challenge that you faced at the Area 2 match. In the Area 2 stage, the first shooting position leveraged a left side fault line and a wall to restrict your access to the down range target, but you could engage the low close target WAY before getting into the final position. The second position was defined by hitting the proper shooting position within an unrestricted shooting area. Hitting that tight position within the middle of the shooting area after running was half of the challenge of the position. When you put a shooting box on the ground, that eliminates that significant challenge of engaging the array of targets after running hard to an unmarked shooting position. You could have easily used 2 sets of double barrels down range to replicate the "Shooting between walls" that the Area 2 stage required. That way would would be rewarded/punished for not hitting the correct position within the shooting area, just as the stage at the Area 2 match was testing.

Lastly, how much performance execution feedback are you really getting from the first person video. If you video this type of stuff from a third person perspective where you can see your whole body and foot movement, that would give you WAY MORE performance execution feedback. First person video looks cool, but is pretty ineffective in actually providing enough data to assess what you are doing much less formulate fixes.

The only part I was really trying to replicate was that hard transition from the really easy target to the really hard one. Everything else was just to force movement.

I prefer to use both. I experimented with mounting it left this time and i didnt have the other camera with me so I used what I had. I still find this view usefull. I particularly wanted to see the view when taking the hard target first as I was finding it tough to draw move and get the gun mounted properly to engage that target from around the barrels. The camera doesnt lie. If the guns not up In time as soon as you can aquire that target you lose time on the string. The close target was easy to hit on the away in, though I tried a couple variations on that too in order to try to decrease the split to the long target. They didn't work and it ended up being better just to pick one of those targets and as long as I hit the close target moving in or moving out I could get my fastest runs.