Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Independence Day Action Rifle Match - July 4th 2015 - Mesa AZ

The Independence Day Action Rifle Match is being hosted by Rio Salado Sportsman's Club again in 2015, and we are grateful to KE Arms for being this year's title sponsor. Sign-in for registered competitors will begin at 6:30am, with first rounds downrange at 7am sharp. Shooters will be divided into squads, so we expect to be finished in a timely manner - probably by 1pm or so.

The match will consist of 4 challenging run-n-gun rifle-only stages, with targets ranging from 1 yard to over 300 yards. Prizes will be distributed by random draw. For newer shooters (including many new AR15 owners), this match will be a great opportunity to try their hand at action shooting. Most military-style semi-auto centerfire rifles are suitable - just bring a few spare magazines, plenty of ammo, and a safe and positive attitude.

The match ammo count is expected to be around 150 rounds, but we suggest you bring at least double this amount. Please note that Rio Salado prohibits all steel-containing projectiles (such as military M855 "green tip", most Wolf ammo etc.), so please check your projectiles with a magnet before the match to avoid disappointment. Steel cartridge cases are OK.

The match will be run under a rifle-only version of IMA-SMM3G rules, with time-plus scoring. Download a copy of the match rules to learn more about the equipment divisions, scoring and safety protocols. If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or contact me directly via IM or email.

As in previous years, the match is being run as a benefit for the Arizona Citizens Defense League; with the heightened threat to our 2nd Amendment rights, the work AZCDL does is more important than ever before. The match fee of $60 includes a donation to AzCDL, in return for which competitors will receive a free 1-year AZCDL membership (or renewal for existing members). Entries are being accepted through the AzCDL on-line store only. We require pre-entry, so don't plan on turning up and entering on the day. This match fills up quickly each year, and we are capping it at 60 shooters, so be sure to get your entries in early!

• 1 month later...

We thank the following companies for sponsoring this year’s match. Look for lots of great stuff which will be given out by random draw;
KE Arms - Overall Match Sponsor
Carbon Arms - Gold Sponsor
VLTOR Weapons Systems - Gold Sponsor
POF-USA - Silver Sponsor
Sun Devil Mfg - Silver Sponsor
Dillon Precision - Bronze Sponsor

Mick

Edited by MickB

The match is on Saturday. For those of you who didn't make it into the match, here are the stages:

Stage 1 - Someone Help Me, I Have A Flat Tire

Stage%201%20-%20Someone%20Help%20Me%20I%

Stage 2 - Act Of Valor

Stage%202%20-%20Act%20Of%20Valor_zpszaf6

Stage 3 - Shoot & Scoot

Stage%203%20-%20Shoot%20amp%20Scoot_zpsx

Stage 4 - Four Peeks

Stage%204%20-%20Four%20Peeks_zpsihcu78gg

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Thanks you guys for another great match.....as usual you cannot drink enough water in the Arizona summer. And to say that the hood of that car was hot on stage 1 at 2pm would not give the surface of the Sun enough credit ( forgot my elbow pads). Oh and to all the sponsor, especially KE Arms for letting me shoot their rifle and ammo. They make a pretty nice trigger too.

Thanks again to our sponsors - the prize bags were really nice.Distributing them by random draw DURING the match really streamlined the prize distribution process. Thanks to the KE Arms folks for handing out the bags as each squad passed through their display.

Here are some photos from the match:

Stage 1:

IDARM2015%20Stage%201_zpsbfduk28o.jpg

Stage 2:

IDARM2015%20Stage%202_zpsxufvdbm8.jpg

Stage 3:

IDARM2015%20Stage%203_zps82s53gtp.jpg

Stage 4

IDARM2015%20Stage%204_zpsaq0vihww.jpg

KE Arms display (loved shooting the suppressed M16):

KE%20Arms%20Vendor%20Area_zpsif8dhcl5.jp

Prize%20Bags_zpstlgayick.jpg