Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XD .45 return spring

Usually a 19/2011 shooter but bought this XD Tactical .45 a while back.

Want to shoot my target loads but need new slide/return spring.

Can't find a 3/8" so I'm going to clip some coils.

Any "expertise" out there?

Question 2: seems it doesn't like my SWC so what do you recommend? RN? RNFP? etc., no HP's!!!

Thank you.

-jb

Springer can help you with the spring problem, I too found that reduced power springs were not as available for these as some of the other brands. None of my guns will feed SWC with 100% reliability but any type of RN, RNFP or HP's will go through them like butter through a goose.

Edited by bowenbuilt

Springer can help you with the spring problem, I too found that reduced power springs were not as available for these as some of the other brands.

*** went to SpringerPrecision & got a reduced power spring, just hoping it'll fit my .45 Tactical (3/8")

None of my guns will feed SWC with 100% reliability but any type of RN, RNFP or HP's will go through them like butter through a goose.

*** thank you...I figured as much, but because my 19/2011 love the SWC & that's what I'm set up for & that's what I used my one time IPSC match. Not fun! ...but now I'll go change out the dies & hope the new spring I ordered will fit & everything'll work as planned!

My favorite saying: "Plans are what the Fates allow to keep themselves amused"!!!

What's your AOL w/ RNFP?

Thanks for your help - I think you've taken care of my problems.

Will let you know.

-jb

Edited by stinsonbeach

For most RNFP I find that 1.240 runs through the magazines and feeds well in this particular brand of gun. You can go longer or shorter but this is what I settled on and it hasn't let me down yet.

Yeah, that's about what I run - maybe a little shorter when I don't know the piece & mags.

Thanks for your input.

I really appreciate it.

Better get to the loading bench & crank out some RNFP for Sat's match!

Again, thank you...

-jb