Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Works 40 s&w lead bullets 200 grain

Mrguns

Anybody ever tried our use the above bullet heads? I'm thinking of ordering some but since they only sell in 1k package and can't seem to find any reviews on google, wondering if anybody here on benos ever tried or use them before I commit on buying 1k or more. I will be using them on my para p16 factory barrel.

thanks

Are you referring to Bulletworks in Breckenridge, Tx ? If so, their price list shows price per k, but, they sell in 500 round boxes. Just divide the 1K price by 2.

I use them in .45 and they are very accurate. Also the 130gr in LSWC really works well in 9mm.

Edited by Steve RA

The Bullet Works in Van Buren, Ar has plated bullets, The Bulletworks in Breckenridge, tx does not. I think there is also a Bulletworks in Montana, but don't know anything about them.

Why are bullets called bullet heads? Is it some regional thing? I have never seen a box of bullets labeled "bullet heads."

Like all such questions, the best thing is to call and see if they can sell you 100 or so as a trial. Price will higher per bullet, but you can play and see for yourself.

The only one I know is:

http://www.thebulletworks.net/Lead-Cast-Bullets-s/1.htm

Very nice bullets, but I can get the same performance for a bit less and I'm cheap. For their prices, I would go to Precision Bullets and get really great swaged coated bullets.

Even after 40 years, I am still surprised at how accurate a given bullet can be in one gun and how bad it can be in another.

Also, you would think that there would be a few complaints about companies having the same name.

Are you referring to Bulletworks in Breckenridge, Tx ? If so, their price list shows price per k, but, they sell in 500 round boxes. Just divide the 1K price by 2.

I use them in .45 and they are very accurate. Also the 130gr in LSWC really works well in 9mm.

They are in Van buren Ar,