Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New BUG-R

treis

Hello everyone,

This has been a project that has finally come together and it all started when IDPA starting the new BUG-R division. This revolver started life as a S&W 64. Custom work, starting with an action job. It has the smoothest trigger pull that anyone could ask for and the barrel was from a model 681, cut down to put it within the new rule book. The front sight machined, fitted and installed. Trigger stop and set screw on the strain screw. Detent balls installed to lockup the crane and second to hold open the cylinder when reloading. The hammer was skeletonized. I hope that I didn't forget anything.

I can't wait for our first local match to try it out.

post-47411-0-75092700-1431054227_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

Before spending a bunch of money on that perfect revolver for BUG-R remember that the barrel length limit is 3.00" and many of the revolvers that S&W calls 3" are actually 3.2" or more disqualifying them for BUG-R. :angry2:

Edited by Gregg K

MWX40X40 it is 34.5 oz. With some Houge grips that are the same weight as the originals black rubber ones. It is alot of fun to shoot. A steel 8" plate at 30 yards is no issue. Thanks to Joe @ Mojo Custom Guns!

Thank all for your kind words. It has been a lot of fun putting this all together. From finding the right 64 to start this build with to answering all the questions that Joe had about what would be best for me using this revolver in the BUG-R matches.

Any other questions just let me know.

post-47411-0-28438000-1435334556_thumb.j

Tony, after feeling the action in both your Bug-R gun and B's 627, I sent mine and Wendy's revolvers off to MoJo to get reworked. I cant wait to get these two back. Joe @ http://www.thebrushcreekltd.com/has them now. I will report back in an entirely new thread once I review his work.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mojo-Custom-Guns/499943136769886