Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock III vs Stock II vs limited pro for production

3djedi

So do you think one is better than the other for production?

How would a stock III be for production? Seems like those are showing up more than anything else......

What would be the pro's and con's of a stock III?

Thanks!

I prefer the Limited Pro to the Stock II, I have a Stock III now so time will tell...

ETA: the only con would be the extra weight of the Stock III, otherwise it's identical to the Limited Pro (except with the shorter ambi safeties and crappy blued finish).

Edited by kneelingatlas

Skill level aside, I'm just going with what's available. I know stock II is the go to pistol for production and never are available. Lim pro's and stock III's seem to show up occasionally.

I'm just wondering if I should get a stock III now or hold my breath for a stock II.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I'm just wondering if I should get a stock III now or hold my breath for a stock II.

Buy what you can get :devil: .... Either a Lim Pro, Stock 3 or Stock 2....Hope that helps your dilemma... :goof:

Skill level aside, I'm just going with what's available. I know stock II is the go to pistol for production and never are available. Lim pro's and stock III's seem to show up occasionally.

Get what you can as what Yagi suggested. If you find someone that will let you shoot what you do not have. Then you can make a comparison. Maybe you might not like the Stock II after all.

The S2 feels the best in my hand, and I feel like I maneuver it the best.

The slightly longer sight radius on the lim pro and the S3 both mean that it's easier for me to make 'A' hits on longer distance shots than the S2 (small amounts of data weakly support this conclusion).

The S3 is front-heavy enough that I feel little muzzle flip, but it's also slower to maneuver than the lim pro or S2.

My personal preference is for S2 then S3, then lim pro. But I could see anyone else preferring them in any order. But I'm a mediocre USPSA shooter, so take whatever I say with a grain of salt :)

Edited by matts2k

Weight shouldn't affect your transitions too much. Open shooters don't have an issue with it. Transition with your big muscles. Go for the gun that you shoot the best, most likely that will be the S3 because of the weight and weight placement.

• 2 weeks later...

So do you think one is better than the other for production?

How would a stock III be for production? Seems like those are showing up more than anything else......

What would be the pro's and con's of a stock III?

Thanks!

After shooting Stock 2 and Elite Limiteted's Stock III's are nose heavy although ergonomics are slightly better ie. grip. In 9mm I like Stock 2. In 40 minor it's a toss up between Stock 2 and Limited Pro. Might be a slight edge to the Limited Pro. Personal observations only. Good luck. Edited by doc88

The Stock 1 is The red headed stepchild of the group.

The upper is the same as the Stock 2 but with a different sight, and every bit as accurate.

The lower feels like a CZ and has all the same trigger internals of the Stock 2, less the ambi safety (which is useless anyway) and extended mag release.

It is like a budget Stock 2 that you can actually find for about $200 cheaper.

I am all over the board with these guns, I had stock 2's sold them to get into stock 3's and finally decided that the limited pro's shoot the best for me. It is tough because you want to shoot them before you make a decision but since they are so hard to find it is nearly impossible to do it. Most guys seem to feel that the stock 2 is the best all around gun followed but the limited pro.

• 2 months later...

I finally got my tuned Stock II 9mm out for tight group shooting. I honestly can't tell much of a difference compared to my Limited Pro 40 minor. Besides the balance and swing weight the actual shooting was a lot closer than I expected. Maybe this shouldn't be a surprise since the guns are within 2 oz apart.

#firstworldproblems

Edited by Stician