Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yup...did it...Glock 43!

zipper046

Sorry boys, spend the past couple days getting those back orders filled. All backorders are out.

Alec's looks like it is our for delivery today, and Chris' was shipped today.

All is good here! Got the bases, they are perfect! And, yes, worth the wait! Scott, at TTI, Thank you for going above and beyond the call of duty!

And to get back to stories about the 43, it shoots as tight a group at 7 yards as my larger pistols. Very impressive. As accurate as my Kimber Solo, but much more reliable and easier to shoot and clean. I sold my Kimber Solo and my Kahr PM9 now that I have this gun. Next project, smoothing out the trigger and getting rid of the excess back travel. McGlock.com or TTI should be able to help me with that.

Edited by AlecThigpen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the connector in the 43 the same size as the full size models?

Smaller.

Yeah, smaller. I had thought about getting that Ghost Edge connector, however once I did the .25 trigger job and polished everything up, the trigger was perfect. Huge difference from out of the box, I think I will leave it as is.

I got out and shot my new 43 this weekend. It's quite snappy, but manageable. I'm definitely going to get a new connector. The trigger is better than any other sub-subcompact I've shot, but it could use some love.

Got my CrossBreed Mini Tuck in yesterday, wearing it today. It's very comfortable, and is easily concealed with a tucked in Polo. I've used a Super Tuck with a G27 and found it hard to conceal with a tucked in shirt. This fits my needs perfectly. It only took me 4 years to find a carry gun that worked well for me lol.

As title says...picking up my Blue Label Glock 43 tomorrow...figure I'd see how this little baby does. If it's good...the Sig P938 will be going up on the block!

Ordered my Ameriglo night sights, CrossBreed Mini-Tuk & OWB holster's, and an adapter for my MGW Sight Pusher

Will let y'all know how it shoots once I get some rounds through it (hopefully Sunday night....)

Z-

tried it yesterday and was surprised how narrow it was thought it would be like 27 but noticeably slimmer

I got the mini-tuck from crossbreed as well. It is a great holster for the gun.

I am going to wait and see when Taran releases their connector to order the base pads..

Currently, i am wanting to change the sights out to either Ameriglo or Trijicon HD. I heard the Trijicon HD sights shot high by a few inches but havent confirmed it. I have been asking around but folks havent gotten back to me yet. The Ameriglo sights are stock height so i dont see how they chould shoot high like the Trijicon HD may be shooting. I like th way the Trijicon set is better than the Ameriglo conserning the rear sight serrations combined with blacked out tritium. The Ameriglo rears do not have the serations.
I reckon i will just practice more until more reviews of these sights come out.

The only thing that i am 100% on right now is that i will be eventually ording those base pads. Going between flat black and the grey ones.

So, just a warning. If you do some drills with your 43, and are using Titegroup as a powder, and are using a mini-tuck that doesn't fully cover the bottom of the slide, and you re-holster your gun before you leave, you may or may not have a big blister on your ass when you get home!

So, just a warning. If you do some drills with your 43, and are using Titegroup as a powder, and are using a mini-tuck that doesn't fully cover the bottom of the slide, and you re-holster your gun before you leave, you may or may not have a big blister on your ass when you get home!

That right there is why I read this forum. Real world practical advice! Thank you sir, and sorry to hear about the blister.

• 5 weeks later...

I got my trigger from McNally (McGlock), and it really smooths out and shortens the trigger travel. Huge improvement! A Ghost connector just might round out the mods.

Edited by AlecThigpen