Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Yup...did it...Glock 43!

zipper046

Update guys:

They're trickling back in. Backorders will go first, but we have multiple machines dedicated to both the Glock 43 and Glock 42 pads ( spoiler ).

Great to hear! My extensions are on backorder...looking forward to getting them so I can carry this puppy off-duty w/ a few more rounds....

Our sights work for it too, btw!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update guys:

They're trickling back in. Backorders will go first, but we have multiple machines dedicated to both the Glock 43 and Glock 42 pads ( spoiler ).

My TTI backoprder is #7676 and I will take any color.

Edited by JBP55

Update guys:

I'm backorder #7690....LOL..

Update guys:

Great to hear! My extensions are on backorder...looking forward to getting them so I can carry this puppy off-duty w/ a few more rounds....

Arrrggghhh....wish I had known this before I bought a set of Ameriglo....will see how they work out first...then probably buy a set from y'all to compare! :-)

Well...haven't gotten to the range yet...had our SRU team firearm qual's and after our carbine qual, bullseye qual, and combat qual...some tendonitis in my left elbow flared up....and of course I'm a lefty...grrrrrr....

Has subsided enough...hoping to get to the range Sunday morning to run the 43 through it's paces...

Well...haven't gotten to the range yet...had our SRU team firearm qual's and after our carbine qual, bullseye qual, and combat qual...some tendonitis in my left elbow flared up....and of course I'm a lefty...grrrrrr....

Has subsided enough...hoping to get to the range Sunday morning to run the 43 through it's paces...

Be careful with the elbow, I tore a ligament in my right elbow mid January. After two injections it is still painful to lift a quart of liquid.

Do we have a thread running yet on all the avail aftermarket parts for G42/43's yet? Surely someone is making something besides sights and base pads.

We're making a connector too!

My Man!!! Definitely need to smooth out this trigger.

I sure wish someone would make a tritium front and a rear solid black rear like the TTI..... Be a great carry set...

Update guys:

Will you take any color as well?

Taran Tactical, any chance you guys will be doing a package deal later on with a short and a longer basepad for a discounted price?
i noticed that if you buy two of the same kind that there is a discount on the second one that is bought.

just wondering... :) (happy face)

Taran Tactical, any chance you guys will be doing a package deal later on with a short and a longer basepad for a discounted price?

i noticed that if you buy two of the same kind that there is a discount on the second one that is bought.

Yeah, but due to our ecommerce software, it won't allow cross-sku discount. Give us a call and we'll get it done manually. ( 805-522-1911 )

Yeah, but due to our ecommerce software, it won't allow cross-sku discount. Give us a call and we'll get it done manually. ( 805-522-1911 )

you guys are awesome!

thanks

Update guys:

Will you take any color as well?

Heck yeah!! I'm easy...besides we can start a new Glock movie "Shades of Black"....LOL!!!

So...finally got the 43 out to the range! Loaded up on Aleve and Tiger Balm...some old 115gr ammo and some 124gr commercial reloads and SD ammo.

Prior to the range: I installed a set of Ameriglo night sights, polished up the trigger components a bit, and cleaned and lubed her up.

Arrived at the range with about 50 rounds of assorted 115gr OLD ammo, and a couple hundred rounds of 124gr ammo.

I used printed mini-IPSC targets for my work (see pics).

I started out dialing in the sights and shooting off a rest...luckily only needed a few minor adjustments (rests available were old wobbly POS's!).

After dialing in the sights, I shot for groups at 10 & 12 yards. I used commercial 124gr reloads from JJR Ammo (friend, fellow shooter, and great ammo!). I shot all groups off-hand, freestyle...since that's how I shoot. Pic's attached below....

Observations:

1) She has some snap to her. A FIRM grip helps tremendously, and focus on the front sight is PARAMOUNT with good follow through. Recoil wasn't bad at all and is very controllable, but you have to bear down on her for good follow up shots.

2) Trigger was OK. I didn't have a gauge, but I put it around 5 - 6 lbs. Good break and good positive reset. Not the worst trigger I've felt....a little more polishing, shooting, and maybe a TTI connector and it should be good to go.

3) Accuracy was good...about 3" at 12 yds. When I did my part, she did hers. Focus on front sight, trigger control, and firm grip all helped keep accuracy acceptable at 12 yards. Not my best work...but acceptable for first outing with her...(see pics)

4) Reliability was excellent. NOT ONE HICCUP. I ran some OLD knarly 115gr ammo through her along with 124gr reloads and SD ammo and didn't have any issues.

5) Reloads were relatively quick with the smaller mag's. Empty mag ejection was positive.

6) Brass ejection was strong and consistent with all loads fired.

7) Concealment is GREAT! Wore it for 2 days after initial firing in a Crossbreed mini-tuk...great holster and wore with a t-shirt and jeans (then again...I'm 6' 3", 215lbs...so I can conceal a G22 if need be!...LOL).

here are some pics of the targets at 12 yds and the better results.....

IMG_1897_zpsplcddbfj.jpg

IMG_1895_zpsmhjwn9o8.jpgIMG_1893_zpsacm610xx.jpg

Edited by zipper046

I don't own a Kahr, but have shot them. Not a bad little gun. I think the trigger on Glock is better and offers more upside (things you can do to it to make it better...). Can't go wrong with a Blue Label Glock...can always sell it and make back your $$.

Former Kahr owner here.....Happy Glock 43 owner now. My Kahr ran 100%, I just prefer the Glock.

I might just have to pick up 43 then. If I end up liking it more I could sell the Kahr and make money on the swap.

Here's a brief range report for my new G43. I haven't put many rounds through it. About 150 rounds over two days. So won't make any reliability claims just yet. I would like to note that it's been 100% so far. I need to start logging an exact round count.

Here are my main a few takeaways so far:

- It's easier to shoot and not as snappy as I was anticipating.

- Conceals great and is very comfortable in a Bladetech Klipt holster.

- The trigger is a little heavy, but manageable. You need to respect it and focus on a good straight back press. I suspect a good polish job and more trigger time will help quite a bit. I need to look into the Ghost connector. Brief research shows mixed results.

I installed a 10-8 Performance Sights:

Tritium Front (0.125" wide) and plain rear (0.140" wide notch)

- They are the same profile as the stock sights, and a nice crisp sight picture. I chose smaller rear notch to offset the short sight radius.

Here's a target with 5 rounds fired at 5, 7, 15, and 25 yards. No time limits, just going for all alphas. I shanked a few at 25 yards. Got a little careless with he trigger control.

a6ff0602d34b138bef84ac5a0c66383f.jpg

This was a mag dump/bill drill at 7 yards. Had. Little trigger freeze on the last shot and pulled it straight down on the last shot. I was tracking the sights as quickly as I could. I did not have a timer with me the first day.

25895f21f926aecb65a3a9300a4eb488.jpg

Glock had a real winner with this gun. Sure it's a few years late but so far it seems like they got it right.

879d27a2f2ef54fd3d13bf7528b7d883.jpg