Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Striker question

Glockinator

Trying different things to see how my trigger feels. Running a minus connector and tried a Wolf extra power trigger spring. I was not enthused about the way the reset felt. Tried a lightened safety spring and smoothed the safety button. Was better but didn't quite suit my fancy. Went back to the stock trigger spring and tried a Wolf 5 pound striker spring and that feels much better but still over ~4.5 pounds. I haven't been to the range with it yet but how light can I go on the striker spring with a stock striker before I see light strikes? I'll probably order a lightened striker but until then I wanted to mess with the spring rates. I tossed some marine cups in a order that should arrive tonight will they make a difference in feel?

A minus connector and a 4.5# striker spring works pretty good and gives a decent trigger pull. The standard trigger spring is a keeper and the reduced power safety spring helps a little. 4.5 is as low as I can go with a stock striker and not get light strikes on the harder primer cups. I have never been able to tell the difference in feel of the marine cups vs. the regular.

To add to my post; Get the Wolff brand 4.5 spring and make sure to keep any oil or lubricant out of the striker channel. There is a difference in the quality of striker springs, you will never go wrong buying Wolff springs.

A minus connector and a 4.5# striker spring works pretty good and gives a decent trigger pull. The standard trigger spring is a keeper and the reduced power safety spring helps a little. 4.5 is as low as I can go with a stock striker and not get light strikes on the harder primer cups. I have never been able to tell the difference in feel of the marine cups vs. the regular.

This!

It really depends on the gun. The 5# spring is your safest bet. I've had light strikes with a 4.5# AND a ZEV lightened striker, shooting Atlanta Arms loads. I've never noticed a difference with the marine cups.

You can really tell a difference in regular versus marine cups when you're underwater. ;-)

But seriously, you're on the right track, I have found that polishing the face on the connector... Where the connector actually pushes the trigger bar back down, makes a huge difference in reset feel. I don't like my triggers under 4.5-5# as it is... I don't think that last pound or two truly matters when your are blazing a stage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really depends on the gun. The 5# spring is your safest bet. I've had light strikes with a 4.5# AND a ZEV lightened striker, shooting Atlanta Arms loads. I've never noticed a difference with the marine cups.

I have fired tens of thousands of rounds with the Wolff 4.5# spring with zero light strikes but I believe in preventative maintenance and shoot quality ammunition.

If it is a carry gun I would not recommend going below 5.0# with the OEM firing pin.

Before you can choose a striker spring you need to know what primers you will be using. 5lb is a good estimate if you use win or cci primers. Going too light on the striker spring also makes for a weak reset which I personally don't care for.

Been shooting a 4.5 wolf striker spring for years with no problems. That's with cci, Winchester, and federal primers. I had that matted up with a minus connector, competition plunger spring, and everything polished. This gave me a pull of about 2 3/4 lbs. didn't like the long take up so I got the DK trigger bar and that took care of that.

Here was my post having issues getting the 4# working

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=214019&page=2#entry2385053

after a few tweaks to the connector angle and going back to the stock spring i have it dialed iN now. I mostly run federal match primers, but i tried some winchester, and an old bag of 100 randoms... no issues

I will keep running the federals but to know it can do others with the 4# makes me feel better

• 2 weeks later...

Archived