Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lone Wolf 40SW to 9mm Conversion Barrel

VinceInJax

Hello All,

I purchased a LW 40 SW to 9mm conversion barrel for a new G35. Went to the rage today and three different types of 9mm ammo would not fully chamber. The slide would not go into battery and considerable force had to be used to eject the round. The ammo used was Hornandy Critical Defense, Remmington 147gr FMJ, and my own loads. I had my G17 (with factory barrel) with me and all ammo chambered and functioned flawlessly.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

I chatted with LW and they want me to return the barrel but will take between 2-4 weeks to process the return. Is it just me or does that seem like an excessive amount of time to process a return?

Might just need breaking in to loosen up.......

Do you have factory recoil spring in there?

Also, take barrel out of the pistol and drop rounds in and see if they go in easy and you can spin them around freely

Same problem here barrels are tight chamber and need to be reamed out.

How are you going to handle this? Have a gunsmith ream it out? Don't they advertise this as a drop-in barrel?

If they don't chamber factory loads that is a warranty issue and should be stated and treated as such by LWD. I have all of my LWD barrels reamed while making the purchase. I ask Dan to give me "the GT hole" before it ships and to date have never had any kind of issue with one of their barrels. If your barrel is so tight that factory rounds won't chamber you should file a warranty claim with LWD so that the repair does not cost anything. I have never paid to have any of mine reamed so if they try to charge you for it complain loudly. If you have some lead or coated bullets you want to use send them a few dummy rounds along with the barrel and they will fix you right up. They have good customer service and have treated me very well over the years.

If they don't chamber factory loads that is a warranty issue and should be stated and treated as such by LWD. I have all of my LWD barrels reamed while making the purchase. I ask Dan to give me "the GT hole" before it ships and to date have never had any kind of issue with one of their barrels. If your barrel is so tight that factory rounds won't chamber you should file a warranty claim with LWD so that the repair does not cost anything. I have never paid to have any of mine reamed so if they try to charge you for it complain loudly. If you have some lead or coated bullets you want to use send them a few dummy rounds along with the barrel and they will fix you right up. They have good customer service and have treated me very well over the years.

I purchased the barrel from Midway USA. Do I send it back to LWD for reaming? I hate to sound like a whiny little boy but 4-6 weeks?

Go get 2 or 3 boxes of 147 grain ammo and run the gun. I had the same problem

. After running 150'rounds of high grain,the gun ran smooth. It didn't make sense at first but it worked. Now I can run 115 gr through the same setup w no issues. Hope this helps.

The only difference I had was I was able to get the gun to go into battery from the start by trying diff ammo. it just wasn't feeding and ejecting smoothly. Which was why I tried diff ammo....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived