Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for software that could analyze recorded match video

I have a bunch of video recorded of my match shooting. Since you don't really get to see the numbers on SO's buzzers during a match, I'd like to feed them after the match into a software that in turn would show me:

- draw times

- reload times

- split times

- transition times

To me (working in IT industry), this should be pretty straightforward. It can already by done manually today by simply feeding the audio part of the video into "Audacity" and come up with all these numbers. However, it is a very time consuming and repetitive task if done manually.

If anyone know a software that could automate this process, please let me know. Thanks.

Edited by MilkMyDuds

There is software out there that is used for analyzing golf swings and other sports that people have used to break down and analyze their shooting. Depends if you are on Mac or PC. There are options for iPads too.

Supposedly, Shot Coach by Max Michel will do it. I have it but haven't played with it much yet. The problem is that it is only available for iOS. I would like something I can run on my desktop since I have a 28" monitor vs. a 7" iPad.

There is software out there that is used for analyzing golf swings and other sports that people have used to break down and analyze their shooting. Depends if you are on Mac or PC. There are options for iPads too.

Thanks. Though I'd think analyzing golf play is most likely done by motion, while analyzing shooting is more by audio.

Supposedly, Shot Coach by Max Michel will do it. I have it but haven't played with it much yet. The problem is that it is only available for iOS. I would like something I can run on my desktop since I have a 28" monitor vs. a 7" iPad.

Thanks for the pointer. Yes this is exactly what I am looking for, except I want it run on my desktop with 28'' monitor too! :cheers:

Couldn't remember the name of the iPad one. Yes, Shot Coach is the one I was thinking of. It is actually the software people were using during the whole +2 scandal last year to see if they got screwed.

A possible option would be to run iPadian on a PC and run the iOS app in there. I haven't tried this one but I have tried a few other similar products and they were horrible. This one sounds promising so I may try it eventually.

Thanks for the pointer. Yes this is exactly what I am looking for, except I want it run on my desktop with 28'' monitor too! :cheers:

Great app - I use it, but since iOS has updated there's no longer any way to export the marked up video. I've emailed asking for a fix date - no response. You could probably mirror your iPhone on your Mac and use a Bluetooth keyboard / touchpad.

I use shot coach too, issue I found is if your video is too long, when you try to export the marked up version it crashes the app. I reported it a while back to the devs and they responded but I dont think a fix has been found yet.

Good for normal stages though and really helpful