Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New SV Single Stack 5.4 9mm

ROY NEAL

Just got THE CALL............the FED EX truck has made it to my FFL holder................so here is the highway safety warning to all the other drivers out there............Get out of the way.............We might be setting a new land speed record here.....or at least attempting to.....

Roy is a very bad man..... :surprise:

bad Roy..... bad bad Roy.... :surprise:

Sorry it is so dirty.... It was really fun getting it that dirty.... :devil:

It was more fun shooting it then taking pictures of it. :roflol:

woof

post-3818-0-64611500-1430959434_thumb.jp

It is USPSA Single Stack Division compliant. It is under 43 oz and it does fit the box with the mag inserted. It is IPSC Classic Division legal as well. It is IDPA ESP legal as far as I am aware as it fits the box.........In other words, it is a blast to shoot as we had small statured females shooting it last night wanting to shoot it more.

Recoil is mild as you might expect. Getting used to shooting 130 pf 9mm is more difficult that you would think when comparing it to shooting my 175-180 pf .40 Single stacks. It doesn't have the snap so getting used to this will be.......interesting?

As for my delivery time......it was special due to the Team Status and marketing of the pistol as we head to Germany for the Infinity Open. I have not reached Ranger Trace status or Demetri Katos status yet with SV as they tend to have a new one every other month or so.......just be patient. They are cranking out the guns as fast as they can. They are doing so much better now that they are at the new factory location and employing more engineers. Not Gunsmiths.....Engineers.

Check out the Infinity Group pictures on Facebook. Brandon took some incredible pictures of the gun. If you have questions about the gun, let me know. The deal is if you want to shoot it, just ask if you see me at a match. Happy to let folks give it a go. As long as you promise to give it back........

How long does it take to convert an SVI from 9mm to .45 with the breechface?

Depends on how well versed you are. The breech face takes about 2 minutes, but then you have to swap out the ejector, extractor, recoil spring, barrel, etc. Brandon can do it in 10 minutes probably.

Went with the 9mm in this case due to the number of match's I am seeing/attending where they are not set up for single stack major...they are production match's where shooting 10 rounds is a big advantage. Other competitors are seeing this and starting to take advantage of this issue. So.......always thinking out of the box with Brandon about the "next gun", this is the concept we came up with.

We have found that 147's(any brand but we are using Precision Delta's since that is what Rob had on hand..) work better in this gun than the 124 Noslers that his SV 9mm Sight Tracker likes. They are much more accurate and the sights lift straight up and down versus the movement left and right. This is with a 9lb spring in it. It "only" has 1500 rounds through it this week, so more break in will occur this weekend. We'll see as it goes what we can do with it.

I'll bring it to Area 4 for Trace to fondle.........but only if he promises to give it back to me.

Went with the 9mm in this case due to the number of match's I am seeing/attending where they are not set up for single stack major...they are production match's where shooting 10 rounds is a big advantage. Other competitors are seeing this and starting to take advantage of this issue. So.......always thinking out of the box with Brandon about the "next gun", this is the concept we came up with.

We have found that 147's(any brand but we are using Precision Delta's since that is what Rob had on hand..) work better in this gun than the 124 Noslers that his SV 9mm Sight Tracker likes. They are much more accurate and the sights lift straight up and down versus the movement left and right. This is with a 9lb spring in it. It "only" has 1500 rounds through it this week, so more break in will occur this weekend. We'll see as it goes what we can do with it.

I'll bring it to Area 4 for Trace to fondle.........but only if he promises to give it back to me.

No worries there buddy.....if it doesn't hold 20+ rounds I can't hardly shoot it!

Look at you Sandbagging already.........you have learned very quick my friend. If I didn't know you , I might have fallen for it. RangerTrace has some skills folks....don't let him fool ya and then spank you in the standings.

Bring the Ranger 1911 and we'll get some pictures of them together....................and then you can show off more pictures of Jake as a proud Papa of course!!!!

R

post-10725-0-26604300-1431107729_thumb.j

I wish my SV single stack Commander were chambered in 9x19mm rather than .45ACP

Trace, can you make it to the Dallas Pistol Club some day this week if we don't get rained out?

I wish my SV single stack Commander were chambered in 9x19mm rather than .45ACP

Trace, can you make it to the Dallas Pistol Club some day this week if we don't get rained out?

Maybe, I've been off for a couple weeks and have a special waiting on me....

Archived