Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First 100 rounds through XL650 and first impression

A lot of problems can be caused by mounting the press on a less than suitable bench. Jerky press movement during the reloading process equals many issues.

Edited by WZ4I

IMHO......set aside a little time....call Dillon and go step by step with your problems.......something obvious is wrong I sense.

These service guys have been incredibly patient and knowledgable with me....they solved some really stupid problems for me that I caused.......just sayin'.

That collator is not right. No way that should be rubbing. My guess is that whomever attached the metal with the self tapping screws did it incorrectly. I'd be sending that back for replacement.

I contacted Dillon and they did want to swap it out. Thanks for posting!

• 2 weeks later...

I need to give kudos to the Dillon support team, they have been extremely helpful with my issues, replacing parts etc. I need to apologize for my statements in the original post, I probably was not able to communicate well the issues I was having, to them. I have been communicating through email with pictures and they have been extremely helpful!

Speaking of biting your tounge and kudos to Dillon. When I was setting up my 650 the handle rubbed on the spent primer blue plastic small catch bin. Took sending photos back and forth but I Had the bin in backwards. Dillon spent a couple hours with me on that one.