Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 / Shadow Recoil Spring Poll

ES13Raven

Never really played around with different recoil springs in my CZs. All the custom shop guns I have came with the 11lb springs. I don't want to mess with it since they run reliably. My ammo usually chronos at 132-135 PF.

Edited by MRevolutionIX

I'm with the majority here. I run an 11# spring using 147 grn bullets shooting at 130 PF. I tried 10# but the sights didn't seem to fully return to target like the 11#.

I've got an 11, I noticed my brass going pretty far (10-12 feet) and the muzzle flip might be a bit high. Was thinking about trying a 13 or 14. about 128 PF with a 160 grain.

160gr. [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15] ...... Got to try those

Mj

Not all 11 lbs springs are equal. The CZ Customs measured 10.9 lbs and CZUB 13.1 lbs. The CZUB's 13 lbs was actually 13.7 lbs. The difference between CZUB's 11 and 13 lbs is negligible.

Not all 11 lbs springs are equal. The CZ Customs measured 10.9 lbs and CZUB 13.1 lbs. The CZUB's 13 lbs was actually 13.7 lbs. The difference between CZUB's 11 and 13 lbs is negligible.

How does one measure cz spring weights?

The weight is slide fully back. Actual measurement is done to the spring off gun with scale and caliper.

This is what I am interested in looking at.

I have a fancy doohickey for 1911 springs that I use a fish scale with but I want to get a setup for CZ and Glock springs.

Edited by himurax13