Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help choosing a pistol

I need help picking a semi auto 9mm. My wrist is permanently messed up. I tried shooting my 1911 and it hurts to much. I have never been recoil sensitive. I went to a indoor range and rented a CZ75 a DR 1911 and a 226 the 1911 was accurate and comfortable - the CZ shot nice less recoil than all terrible sights so accuracy wasn't their. The Sig was ok. I will only shoot CAST bullets. The recoil spring on the 1911 was so light it makes me wonder can it be reliable? Would the Cz be accurate if I could see the front sight? Reliability is number 1 then accuracy shooting cast.

Thanks

Whatja going to do with the 9mm?

Making min PF?

What powder(s) do you currently have?

Can your wrist take weight (CZ)? or better a light gun (Glock)?

If your wrist can take some extra weight, go with the heaviest

9mm you can find (Prob a CZ or STI).

If you're not trying to make PF - load down to about PF 100 -110.

Good luck with it. :cheers:

Take a look at the CZ P09 in 9mm. Its a full size polymer pistol so its fairly light weight if thats an issue for your wrist but it soaks up recoil like a full size gun. The first time I ever shot one I could not believe how soft it was to shoot. It is also about the most accurate gun on the market straight out of the box. And yes they are totally reliable.

I have unique - Some bullseye - American select - and a little Clays. I think I want a Steel gun weight dosnt bother me its just the recoil of my Kimber 45 hurts (Still today) I liked the Danwesson 1911 accuracy. And I liked the CZ no recoil but wonder if its as accurate it had poor sights for my old eyes.

thanks

Take a look at the CZ P09 in 9mm. Its a full size polymer pistol so its fairly light weight if thats an issue for your wrist but it soaks up recoil like a full size gun. The first time I ever shot one I could not believe how soft it was to shoot. It is also about the most accurate gun on the market straight out of the box. And yes they are totally reliable.

Interested in your feedback as I heard similar comments before about the P09. A shooter I met at a match even claimed in his hands the gun was easier to stabilize (and displayed a more consitent return to target) than his Shadow (!?). Have you found the p09 as soft shooting as, say, an all metal CZ or simply a bit better than other polymer guns?

Edited by IPSCIST

Interested in your feedback as I heard similar comments before about the P09. A shooter I met at a match even claimed in his hands the gun was easier to stabilize (and displayed a more consitent return to target) than his Shadow (!?). Have you found the p09 as soft shooting as, say, an all metal CZ or simply a bit better than other polymer guns?

I became interested in the CZ P09 after reading countless reviews about how soft shooting they were but also how mechanically accurate they are right out of the box. The slide rides down in the frame and seems to give more of a straight push back in the hand with less muzzle rise than say my XDM 5.25 with a higher bore axis that has more flip to it. The first time I shot a P09 it was after shooting my XDM, using some of my fairly soft shooting 147gr handloads, and it caught me a bit off guard. For a split second I thought I might of had a squib load, there was almost no felt recoil and the muzzle barely moved. It convinced me I needed a P09, but I ended up buying one in .40 caliber. Its my only .40 cal gun so I cant say if it shoots softer than a typical .40 but with some downloaded .40 reloads at about a 150 PF its not much different than shooting my XDM with some warm 9mm loads. Havent put as many rounds through it as I would like to but so far its been 100% reliable and very accurate also.

• 2 weeks later...